18; confession

they didn't sleep all night, but they just wanted to talk.

they had originally planned to go over to yeonjun's house to have a study date, but it escalated to several makeout sessions and jamming out to emo rock music.

and it was a funny thought, because beomgyu didn't realise at all that yeonjun had always liked him back, he thought that it was unrequited love.

"can we play 20 questions?" beomgyu asked, cuddling yeonjun on the small bed that could barely contain the both of them.

"yeah." yeonjun said, turning his body so that he was facing beomgyu.

"i'll start." beomgyu mumbled, playing with yeonjun's soft hair. yeonjun hums in acknowledgment.

"when did you start liking me?"

yeonjun instantly laughed once he heard the question, and his laugh was like music to beomgyu's ears.

"i think i haven't realised it until like, 1 hour ago." yeonjun said, and beomgyu frowned a little.

"but i think i've always liked you, just that i came to terms with it a bit later."

"what did you like about me then?"

yeonjun stopped to think, and he stared at beomgyu, who looked incredibly pretty, the moonlight bouncing off his skin to give him an extremely pretty natural glow.

"you're incredibly pretty," yeonjun said, voice super soft, as if he was saying something from far away. beomgyu turned pink, which was not visible at night, but he squirmed and yeonjun laughed.

"you have the kindest smile," yeonjun continued, placing his hand on beomgyu's cheek and caressing it fondly, making beomgyu squirm even more.

"and your personality. it's so bubbly and energetic, and i love it."

beomgyu fluttered his eyelashes, waiting for yeonjun to continue.

"brat." yeonjun complained, but it was lighthearted. beomgyu lets out a playful giggle and yeonjun smiled fondly at the sound.

"i love you for being you."

that had to be the best compliment beomgyu had ever received, because someone actually loves him for being him, and not because he was under someone's shadow.

and that someone was now his lover.

"my turn!" yeonjun self declared, and he places a finger under his chin to pretend that he was thinking, which earned a playful slap from beomgyu.

"annoying~" beomgyu singsonged, rolling his eyes.

"when did you fall in love with me?"

"always was." beomgyu answered immediately, and yeonjun lets out a surprised "oh".

he was thankful, he knew that everyone in the school had a crush on him at least once, but beomgyu had known him the longest and tolerated with his bullshit the most, it was a wonder how he still liked him despite everything.

"why though? even when i'm imperfect?" yeonjun asked, voice merely a hushed whisper.

"why are you so obsessed about being perfect? if i expected a perfect partner then i might as well fuck a robot."

yeonjun didn't exactly have an actual reason to why he was so concerned about being perfect all the time. maybe it's because of how many people looking up to him? he didn't know.

he just wanted to make sure that he didn't let anyone down, because by letting others down meant that he was letting himself down.

"i just don't like disappointing people."

beomgyu knew that yeonjun was a perfectionist, especially when he's dancing.

in fact, yeonjun was never one to fret so much over his mistakes when he was younger, but one incident kind of made him change his whole mindset entirely.

yeonjun was 12, and beomgyu was 10. yeonjun picked up dancing as a hobby when he was 9, so for three years he just learnt how to dance, but never professionally.

he went on a boot camp for a week, and he trained with other professional dancers for a week so he could take some advice from them, but beomgyu was certain that it just demoralised yeonjun more than it benefited him.

maybe it was a bad idea to send a tiny kid to a camp where people were easily 5 years older than him, since yeonjun definitely wasn't a professional but the others were at least trained in some form or another.

beomgyu remembered when yeonjun came back from the camp, looking exhausted and mentally and physically drained.

beomgyu remembers asking him if he was okay, and yeonjun still smiled at him, ruffling his hair and telling him that he was okay.

but he had a change in behaviour, his attitude towards everything shifted, and he suddenly wanted to strive for excellence. he wasn't happy go lucky anymore, but instead was quite aggressive in whatever he was doing.

"hyung," beomgyu says, and yeonjun whispers a small "yes?"

"what happened in the camp that you went to?"

yeonjun didn't reply immediately, but instead just lets out a hollow laugh.

"we should sleep, we have school tomorrow."

beomgyu doesn't buy it, and starts to whine.

"i'll tell you when i feel like it." yeonjun mumbles before pressing his lips on beomgyu's forehead.

"goodnight baby cub."

—————————————————————————

a/n: i think some people are curious why yeonjun suddenly realised that he liked beomgyu, but it's part of the plot don't worry JHSJQJAJQJAJA

idk but if you are here expecting a happy ending brace yourselves!🧍🏻‍♀️🧍🏻‍♀️🧍🏻‍♀️

hv a rly good day ahead~