Chapter 7 | Saber

10 p.m.

Freud POV

Accompanied by the clicking of buttons, the two individuals have just finished 10 rounds of Mario Kart 8 and not a single round Freud getting 1st place....

"...."

"...."

"Nee, Master. You've been quiet this whole time. Are you still worried about the promised duel?" Assassin asks.

"Our homebase is compromised and I have to fight a being that is around 3 times stronger than me, ALONE."

"Hey, you've fought Berserker, Lancer, and Archer, granted you, uh, have a bad time with them, but still! You'll be daijoubu! Or should I just reveal myself to be the true Assassin and fight in your place?" Assassin suggests.

"No! Please no! That would be game over! Anything but that!"

"Sheesh, you've got confidence in my chikara, but not yourself, huh?" Assassin says with a shrug.

Call me a coward, but I have to do all it takes to survive!

"Well, I have some tricks up my sleeves for Rider, but the fact that another Master knew our place of respite is giving me nightmares."

"Hmm.... Ah! Why didn't I think of this?!" Assassin seems to have an idea.

"What is it?"

"Can't you just run away and leave this war behind?" Assassin asks.

"Oh, that. Looks like great minds think alike, Assassin."

"Right?! Then..." Assassin says before I cut her off.

"I cannot."

"What?! Why?" Assassin inquires.

"Perhaps I should demonstrate."

I rip apart my chest.

"Hyaahhh!!!" Assassin screams.

"Calm down. You are not the one who is in pain. Now watch carefully."

I set a piece of my chest on the floor and then sped up my regeneration, costing more mana. My body is healed back to normal, with the Command Spells intact, on my newly grown chest.

"See?"

"See what?" Assassin asks.

"The Command Spells on my discarded flesh are gone, but they appeared back to my recently healed chest. Know what this means?"

"You can't remove the Command Spells?" Assassin answers.

"Exactly. Remember when the 'sponsors' said that they knew all the Masters have their respective Servants, despite them not appearing or participating in this farce so far? I hope that this is just me being paranoid, but these Command Spells might be one of the ways that the 'sponsors' can observe or keep track of what is happening in this farce. I would not dare to know what would happen if I managed to remove them."

"What about familiars?" Assassin asks.

"If they had them, I would have sniffed out their magical energy by now. Or that they are out of my range, which is about.... 500 meters?"

"Hoo, demo, it is possible that they already have eyes and ears everywhere. There might be one or many Masters that report to the sponsors instead.... Oh?!" Assassin utters as if she discovers a realization.

"See why I told you that we could not work with other Masters back then? There are just too many scenarios of what could happen in this farce that I did not want to risk making the wrong move."