Chapter 15 | Connection

1 p.m.

Room 101

Dogeza.

An act of deference that was done by getting down on your knees, placing your hands on the ground, then arches the back, followed by pressing one's forehead to the ground in the space between their hands. Most often it's used to express one's most sincere apologies for their wrongdoing or as a means of asking for a favor. Bowing down to her knees, Yasaka Yorime prostrated herself before Freud Arrenbach. A surprising sight for the rest of the inhabitants, including the normally quiet Re: Anima.

Hachijou POV

"Let me ask you once more, what are you doing here, Yasaka Yorime?" Freud inquires.

"I-I am here to apologize for the trouble that I caused back then." Yasaka says.

Uwaahh, this is so intense! Master is practically bursting with haki!

"What trouble? Do you know what exactly it was that you have done wrong?" Freud asks.

"I... force you two to comply with my duel." Yasaka says.

The pale man stays silent, as if trying to convey to Yasaka that it wasn't enough.

"And! I threatened you to have a rematch just because I didn't accept the result!" Yasaka says.

...

"It was my fault! I should've considered your consent regarding it! You could've died had Rider not heed your request!" Yasaka bawls.

[Master, this is-]

[I am not ceasing this act. I have to keep this up to show them that we are not to be disrespected without repercussions!]

[But Rianima! She...]

"Floyd-san... c-can... d-die?" Re: Anima panics.

[Damn it! She is not being subtle at all! Is this part of her plan?!]

[No, she's definitely being an airhead.]

"Hold on there, Yasaka-dono. You are exaggerating things. A kendo fight rarely left injuries, especially when both me and Rider were properly armored." Freud states.

"Y-Yeah, what he said! Stop being such a drama queen! You're embarrassing yourself!"

"B-But! Rider broke your back after he sent you flying! I recall seeing parts of your bones sticking out!" Yasaka says.

"Broken? Bones?!" Re: Anima shouts.

"N-Nothing of that sort happened! Right, Rider?"

"Well, Floyd seems... fine? No injuries, no concussion. Yeah, nothing happened, AT ALL. Yasaka-sama is just misunderstood." Rider says.

"I did not recall giving you permission to speak." Freud expresses discontent.

[Freud?!]

"Oh come on! I was just answering your friend here! Can you stop being so hostile to me?!" Rider pleads.

"Prostrate yourself before me like your master did, then I will consider it." Freud demands.

W-wh-why? Dame da! Stop this madness!

"Freud, no! Rider, you shouldn't listen to what he-"

Rider immediately performs a dogeza.

"I may not know what caused you to hate my peers so much, but if it was indeed the fault of one or some of my men that you were to act this way, then I must apologize for their wrongdoings and misconducts." Rider says.