Chapter 20 | Old Man of the Sea

A lady squats, between the border of land and sea.
Her task is clear, her bokken is at the ready.
To deliver justice, according to her beliefs.

2 p.m.

Harbor

Yasaka POV

*Sounds of waves crashing*

Should be around this time that they showed up.

"*Yawn* I might fall asleep any moment no-"

Out of the corner of her eyes, three generic looking thugs finally enter the harbor. Half-drunk, yet still ready for a fight, they decided to close-in on this mysterious intruder on their 'turf'. Once they realized that it’s a girl, they relaxed their stance and went approachable mode instead.

"Hey, young lady. What are you doing here by yourself? Looking for someone?" Thug #1 asks.

"How about hanging out at my place? We can both enjoy some hot chocolate if you know what I mean, hehehe." Thug #2 offers.

"Nuh-uh, she should be with me! I’m not a pathetic quick shot like you!" Thug #3 argues.

"Get in line you two! I was there first!" Thug #1 shouts.

Geez, can they be even more disgusting?

"I heard that you three have been causing trouble lately. Since the police didn't bother to correct your behaviour, I figured that I would."

*Pfft*

"Is this girl fr fr? Talk about lameee, hahaha!" Thug #3 laughs.

"Young lady trying to play 'hero'? Aren't you too old for that?" Thug #2 questions.

*Twitch*

Calm down, Yorime! The path of justice is riddled with hardships!

"Let’s say that that's what you're here for. What will you do when there's three of us? Beat us up?" Thug #1 taunts.

*Thud!*

Yasaka proceeds to stand up, dwarfing the 3 idiots under her shadow.

"Y-You're huge!" The three thugs stutter in sync.

"Runs in the family. Having second thoughts, gentlemen?"

"So what? We can still jump your ass!" Thug #3 is confident.

"Then do it. I don't mind."

The three thugs look at each other and nod. One of them proceeds to go from the front, while the others flank from left and right.

"You’re finished!" Thug #1 goes for a punch.

Good grief…

Instead of showing any moves, she decided to tank all their hits, full force.

"What?!" The three thugs are surprised.

Seemingly unperturbed, she pats her shoulders.

"Done already?"

*Cracks her neck*

"Don’t mind if I do~"

She grabs both thugs from her sides and crushes the one in front with their bodies. Definitely causes some concussions along the way.

Ah.

"They're dead."

"Urgh..." The thugs groan in pain.