Chapter 2 | Near Death (True) Experience

Freud POV

"Master! Shikari get yourself together! Did I scare you so much from the punch just now?" Assassin says as she holds my shoulder in worry.

"No. It is not that."

I show her my hand. The fingers are darkening and cracking.

*Crack*

"I have yet to drink human blood after I woke up from my two centuries of slumber. *Sigh*.... So much for staying alive all this time. At the very least, I got to meet you, Assassin."

"No! No!!! This is yabai! Maji yabai! Why didn't you tell me sooner! We only met today and now you have already given the final message dialogue! Hnnghhh!!
Daijoubu, Assassin got this! I will order blood packs from Amazon now! Please tell me that you have a smartphone!" Assassin says with determination after shedding a tear.

Is the smartphone really able to do anything? Well, no reason not to try it.

"It is inside my cape, besides your old kimono."

"Yosh! My heroine's sense is on MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE! You have tons of money, so I will have instant delivery!" Assassin says as she taps the smartphone.

*Tap* *Tap* *Ping!*

"Done! Please make it on time, courier-kun! I can't bear losing my Master this early! At least let me unlock his CG cutscenes!!!" Assassin pleads.

I have no idea what you are saying, but I hope you meant well.

"I shall lay down to conserve energy. But I must not sleep now lest I may never wake up."

*Crack*

Ugh! My legs...

"Hai! Please don't sleep now! I-I can offer you my lap pillow for comfort!" Assassin says in panic.

"But that would make me sleepier though? Oh well..."

I look up at the ceiling and at Assassin's worried face as well.

.

.

.

"Hey, Assassin."

"Yes?" Assassin responds weakly.

"Did you know that us Vampires can not truly die from normal means? This time is the exception, but back in the day, right before my 2 century slumber, I was killed by a very skilled swordsman."

*Crack*

I begin to hyperventilate? That is strange, undeads do not breathe. Was it because my chest cracks?

"It was my first death. It was as painful as the fires of hell, but scared I was not, for I know that I will resurrect once again."

I look at Assassin again to confirm that she is listening. My blue eyes facing up towards her amethyst eyes. Assassin nods for me to continue.

"This time? I am scared. Not because I might die for good."

"What? T-Then why?" Assassin asks.

"Because I might leave you behind. I know that you like to be by yourself, but you are scared of being alone, right? You are the strongest Servant by virtue of being summoned in your hometown, so I have no doubts on your capabilities.
However, if I am gone, you will not be back to the Throne of Heroes immediately, right? You will be sought after by the remaining masters or even other magi that want to harness your strength."

*Cracks*

My face...

"Ohhh..... Curse you, unme! If only I got to know your predicament much sooner!" Assassin wails in tears.

*Ping Pong*

"Special delivery for Room 101!" The voice shouts from outside.

"I take back what I said! Bless you, unme, for giving me this chance!" Assassin shouts as she quickly bolts to the door.

"Here's your receipt madame. I need your stamp here." The courier says.

"Done!" Assassin says.

"Thanks for your patronage!" The courier says.

"Yosh! Please wait there, Master! Assassin will save you now!" Assassin says as she pokes a hole through the lid of the blood pack.

Blood! I smell blood!

My body tried to get to her, but I could not move well....

*Crack*

"Ugh!"

"I told you to stay put, Master! Yare-yare, I have to do this fast! Can't believe I'm doing this, but ikuzo!" Assassin says blushing.

What is she doing?

I saw Assassin drink the blood, store it in her mouth and close in on me.

W-Wait! Do not tell me!

Assassin kissed me, pouring the blood down through my throat.

"Mmph! Mmph...."

Blood.... Human blood..... Finally....

I feel relaxed and comforted by the taste. I must look pathetic now.

"Yosh! One pack down! Should I down another pack, Master?!" Assassin asks energetically.

"No need. Just keep the rest for another day."

My wounds are healing, cracks disappearing, skin turns back to pale.

.

.

.

I get up, feeling energized.

"So, uh, could you tell me why you decided for mouth to mouth blood transfer?"

Assassin was caught by surprise.

"Oh, uh, I thought that you have trouble swallowing the blood, so I went for the direct eroi route instead! It is hazukashi!" Assassin says flustered.

"You know, you could have just splashed the blood onto my face. As long as the blood comes in contact with my body, I can absorb it directly. No need for mouth to mouth."

Assassin turns red.

"Eh? Majide? I-I was in panic, okay? I was afraid that you-you're going to hontoni shine!" Assassin says stuttering.

"Pfft, hahahahaha!"

Assassin looks confused.

"A Servant worrying this much for her Master? Thanks, I appreciated it. Still, that weird Japanese of yours adds much to your personality. It is confusing at times, and annoying at the other, but nevertheless charming in its own way. I am glad to have you by my side, Assassin."

"True End! True Ending! I can see it! This is the way! Lesss goooo!!!!" Assassin shouts to the skies fiercely.

"Ending? What do you mean? We are just getting started, right?"

Assassin looks at me dumbfounded.

"Hah? You're right! We still got a Holy Grail War to go! Let's bulldoze our way to the W, Master! I can feel it, the path to victory! My heroine's sense is saikou after all!" Assassin says with vigor.

"Haha, yeah. Let us show those fools that we are the strongest duo in this war. Magi are but maggots under my heel, while non-Japanese servants are your breakfast, Assassin."

After all, Assassin is the strongest in Himeji.

Author's Note: Freud route 100% Speedrun WR in 2 chapters, Hime truly is a god gamer....
Anyway, do you think this drama is unnecessary? I felt like it's weird for a MC to almost die at the beginning of the story, but then again, Shirou almost got killed by Lancer in Fate/stay night (or really die but ressurected by Rin's pendant?). Perhaps, in the Nasuverse, people don't really die when they're killed? 🤔

Nah, that's too convenient.