Chapter 11 | Forced Ceasefire

'Assassin' POV

"Y-You can't do that! The duel isn't over yet!" Yasaka exclaims.

"But you did say that the duel ends once someone admits defeat? Besides..."

'Assassin' glances at Rider.

"He has the superior swordsmanship of the two of us. If it drags down long enough, I will lose anyway."

"B-But-" Yasaka says before Rider interjects.

"Yes, you shouldn't surrender, 'Assassin'." Rider says.

"Yes! Tell him, Rider!" Yasaka cheers.

"Because it is I who has to admit defeat in the first place!" Rider states.

"Huh?" Yasaka says.

Rider bows to 'Assassin'.

"I'm sorry, 'Assassin', but I've shown you poor attitude and effort befitting of a duel like this one. I didn't respect you as an opponent, half-assing my way through with this pathetic 'swordplay' of mine." Rider apologizes.

Hook, line and sinker.

"No-no, tis I who should raise the white flag. I should have noticed that you were not in proper form from the very beginning. I insist, Rider."

"No-no, I'm insisting you, 'Assassin'! You see through my moves just as well as I do!" Rider says.

The two keep arguing on and on for an hour or two.

"I can't believe this." Yasaka slumps.

"Two guys arguing about who gets to take the L. I say this is a pretty Chad move." Hachijou comments.

.

.

.

"In the end, we settle with a tie, instead."

"Great, let's go home, 'Assassin'." Hachijou says.

The two were about to leave before Yasaka stopped them.

"Wait! I can't accept this result! I demand a rematch!" Yasaka exclaims.

Knew it.

[Should I?]

[No, let me handle it.]

The nerdy girl faces the heiress.

"Now listen here, girl. We came here and went with your stupid duel because we don't want any trouble coming our way. " Hachijou says.

"But you didn't win nor lose! The duel is inconclusive!" Yasaka states.

"And? You only said that we have to come here, but you didn't say anything else about it. So we did what you coerced us to do and now we're done!" Hachijou says.

"T-Then! I'll just report your home territory to all the Masters!" Yasaka threatens.

"You won't do that." Hachijou says.

"Why not?" Yasaka asks.

"Because we have a witness."

"Hah! Nice try, but me and Rider have made sure that there's no-one nearby!" Yasaka says.

But there is. He is beside you.

.....

'Assassin' and Hachijou looked at Rider.

".... Rider?" Yasaka asks.

Rider stays silent.

"No, no, no! Are you betraying me, RIDER?!" Yasaka shouts.