Twelve

Marigold's POV

"I'm so sorry this is super last minute! I thought I would feel better by this morning but I woke up throwing up and-" Meredith explained over the phone. I stopped her quickly, knowing that she feels terrible and is overthinking everything.

"Mer! I promise, it's okay. I'll take Daisy with me to work today. Rest up and get better!!" I said while getting my things together in my purse.

"I'll see you on Wednesday!" We said our goodbyes before hanging up the phone. I slung my purse over my shoulder before heading into Daisy's room where she was playing.

"Come on, Bunny! You're going to work with me today!" I widened my eyes enthusiastically. Daisy loved going to work with me, she enjoyed setting up the floral displays and of course eating all the baked goods in the cafe.

"Where Mer?" She furrowed her eyebrows together with a small pout, she held her elephant tightly in her arms. I sighed and kneeled down in front of her, as much as Daisy loved going to the shop with me, she loved being with Meredith just as much. I was so lucky and thankful to have found a nanny that loved Daisy and that Daisy loved too.

"Mer isn't feeling too well today." I frowned, pushing a loose strand of her long hair behind her ear. "So that means you get to go to the shop with me and be my little helper, okay?" I gave her a grin, trying to get her excited to leave so I wouldn't be late to open the shop. A small smile grew on her face when I said she would be my little helper and she began to nod her head eagerly. Daisy took the liberty to pick out her outfit, something she just started to do. On one hand, I loved that she wanted to have a sense of independence but on the other hand, it was hard to agree to let her go out in some of the outfits she chose. Thankfully, today she settled on denim shorts and a white shirt with strawberries printed all over it. I smiled in approval at her outfit before helping her change.

Daisy tossed her elephant onto her toddler bed, knowing it doesn't leave the house unless we're staying overnight somewhere. The last thing I needed to happen was for her to lose it, it would be hell. She held my hand tightly as we walked out the door, the rising sun instantly hitting our skin.

Once we got to the shop, Daisy followed me around as I got everything together. I handed her the clipboard with the checklist so she felt like she was being helpful, even though she would make a mess of everything I tried to sort.

"Alright baby, go turn on the music." Daisy's eyes twinkled in excitement before she ran towards the ipad under the counter top, swiping her tiny little fingers to unlock it. She tapped the spotify icon, having done it so many times already she knew exactly what to do, seconds later music erupted from the speakers of the shop.

Daisy giggled happily, placing the ipad back onto the shelf carefully before twirling around in circles to the music around the shop. I chuckled, letting her dance by herself as I unlocked the door and flipped the door sign to open. Liza and Ashley walked through the door together, greeting me and grinning when they saw that Daisy was here.

The girls absolutely loved it when Daisy was here. Even though Daisy can be a bit distracting and loud at times, she always brought laughter and light to the workspace. Plus, all the girls acted as older sisters to her.

"Daisy love!!" Liza immediately gasped and knelt down to the ground, Daisy instantly running to hug both of the girls. "Are you going to be working the shop today?" She grinned at the small child. I headed towards the back studio to grab the ready bouquets from the fridge while they kept her occupied.

Allie had sent me a text letting me know she was on the way to pick up a coffee, waking up a little earlier than normal today. I let Liza know to get Allie's order ready and finished setting up the bouquets onto the display shelves just before the first customers strolled through the door.
Daisy pulled onto my pants lightly, I glanced down at her to see her staring up at me curiously.