Michael

'kat stay in the car and let me do the taking.' Tommy instructed. But kat jumped out along with him. 'what did I just say love?'

'micheal is more likely to talk to me than he is to you... let me do the talking, you distract the mother.'

'kat we have been over this I will do the talking you stay in the car.' But she was already off. 'damnit kat.'

;I'm already gone!' she said marching down the path to micheals current residence.

'kat come back here right now!' tommy demanded.

'don't make a scene.' Kat whispered back. She put her best smile on, not that her face was healed she looked like your everyday kind of lady.

'can I help you dear?' mrs Johnson... micheals new mother asked politely.

'oh hello there. my name is kay and my family just moved down the road.... I thought I would say hello. I heard you have sons and I have a little brother that is in need of new friends. Henry was it?' kat asked innocently and the woman nodded a smile on her pudgy face. 'well I thought maybe I could meet them for my brother you see hes nervous about meeting new people and to tell him your sons seem like right chaps.' Kat lied her ass off with a smile.

'well that would be lovely dear... I will go get him. I'm sure he would love to meet you and your brother.' Kat smiled sweetly. 'henry honey this is kat and she just moved in. she says she has a brother about your age...'

'nice to meet you ma'am.' Henry/Michael said, he was handsome, and polite kat thought as he approached.

'on you go but not too far.' Mrs Johnson said with a smile turning back to her garden.

'so what does one do for fun around here?' kat asked still in ear shot of mrs Johnson.

'as you can probably guess not much. I play football with my brother and read books and I play chess with my dad.' Henry/Michael told her.

'you play chess?'

'yeah, do you play?'

'I do. I'm told I'm pretty good too!' kat said having beat Alfie just the other day but Alfie didn't know what he was doing she had to explain the rules to him over and over again, but it was fun and she liked being close to him like that. she liked that she taught him something.

'maybe we can play together. I'm also told I'm pretty good.'

'it would be nice to have some completion.' Kat remarked and looked back, they were far enough away. 'god its so quite here. Is it always like this?'

'Yeah its good if you like the quiet but if you don't youre pretty screwed.' Michael/henry warned. 'where did you live before? I'm guessing the city. You look like a city girl.'

'Birmingham.' Kat said happily. 'I actually still there. its perfect if you like waking up in the middle of the night to loud bangs and shouts from drunken men in the streets... but its home. Oh and the smell of smoke, its everywhere cant escape it. Terrible for the lungs but you gets used to it.

'I think I prefer the quiet. Look we should go back before my mum gets worried but it was nice meeting-' henry/Michael began.

'henry wait. Ive not been completely forthcoming with you.... please sit.'

'what do you mean kat?'

'I mean... your real name is Michael gray and your mother name is polly gray. You were removed from her care when you were five years old. And I wrote down her address here on some paper for you. Now since you are turning 18 soon you can do whatever you want but if you chose to do with that information is up to you not these people that you call mum and dad... ' henry looked confused. 'if you want to phone her or visit her that's your choice hon. But you have choices. If you want you can rip up the information and throw it in the fire... whatever you want... your choice. Ive also put my number on there call it whenever if you chose not to do anything call me so least she knows. I will tell her. I can be the one to break her heart....' guilt trip. Kat thought as henry nodded it all sinking in. kat reached out and put the paper in his hands he looked it over. 'what they say about your mum is not true. Shes not a drunk she doesn't do drugs and she never put a finger on you or your sister.'

'sister?'

'she passed away of the flu years ago.' Kat told him

'I believe you, about me mum.' Henry/Michael said putting the paper in his pocket.

'come and be with your family your real family. Your mother and your cousins.' Kat encouraged.

'cousins? I have cousins? How many?' henry/Michael asked excited at the prospect of more family.

'come and find out, I'm one of them and I would very much like to see you again.' Kat said as she walked off towards tommy. 'I should go before my brother drives away and leave me here. Take care of yourself Michael. I hope to see you soon.'

'you too kat!'

'she seems like a lovely young woman.' Mrs Johnson said.

'yeah, she is.' Henry/Michael said watching them drive away.