six)

I don't know what it was about that song.

But the next morning, I woke up and I felt...

well I didn't feel okay but I didn't feel like lying in bed all day which was good.

I kept the Walkman on my head, replaying that song over and over again while doing so but I did actually go downstairs today.

I walked past the living room and experienced Dustin and Mom do a double take but none of them got up to bother me which is good.

I poured myself a cup of coffee and a piece of toast before returning back up to my room.

Right.

That's enough for today.

I collapsed back down onto my bed and continued listening to the song for a few hours more.

I did end up reading by the end of the day which is good sign.

I started reading Frankenstein.

It's the next assignment for English class but.. since I've already read pride and prejudice, I thought I'd give myself a head start.

I ended up reading about 1/4 of the book before hearing a knock at my window.

I furrowed my eyebrows.

Another knock.

I placed my book down after dogtagging the page i was on.

I sat up on my bed and peeked out the window.

Steve and Robin.

I sighed gently.

I was really relieved to seem them.

I'd missed them.

I cracked open the window and smiled down at them.

"guys no luck, I think they're asleep"

Another figure walked into view, he followed the two beauties eyeline and my eyes met his once again.

And Eddie.

"what are you doing??" I wondered.

"Dustin said you came downstairs today. We thought it'd be a good chance to see you" Steve whisper-yelled.

"we've missed you" Robin just.. yelled... she just yelled it.

"I've missed you too" I smiled softly.

God it felt so good talking to them again.

"come back to us!" Steve reached his arms out dramatically.

I sighed gently before throwing myself off my bed.

I grabbed my denim jacket and tiptoed downstairs. I grabbed the housekeys before exiting the house, meeting the team in my front garden.

I was instantly engulfed into a hug by the two former Scoops-Ahoy employees.

"hey guys" I mumbled gently.

"we've missed you so much" Steve pouted.

"missed you too, trouble" I smiled, messing his hair with my hand.

"what happened??" Robin asked.

I made eye contact with Eddie before looking back at the gang.

"I uh.. well.. um.." I couldn't find my words.

"that asshole boyfriend of hers was caught making out with her best friend" Eddie stepped forward, speaking more bluntly than I could've ever imagined.

"what!?" Steve was the loud one this time.

"let's not talk about. I don't want to talk about it. It took a week for me to feel good enough to leave my bedroom, don't make me to back in there" I stated... half seriously.

"we love you so much" Robin placed her hands on my shoulders.

"and I love you too. so.. what are you guys here for??" I wondered.

"like he said.. we came to see you" Eddie butted in.

"oh.." I mumbled.

I wanted to thank him for the tape but I didn't want to embarrass him in any way so I held it.

"so.. Am I.. am I going back in or are we going somewhere or..??" I chuckled lightly.

"uh.. We.. Um.. we didn't plan that far ahead. we just wanted to see you" Steve grinned.

"right. okay. well. I'm gonna go to bed. um. thank you for coming" I stated.

"okay. well.. we'll see you soon, okay" Robin smiled gently.

"come on Eds" Steve grabbed his arm.

"gimme a sec, you guys go ahead" he mumbled.

FUCK.

"yes?" I lifted my head to look at him.

"hey Wilson" he smiled gently.

"I uh.. I really liked your tape. I haven't stopped listening to it. It's really helped" I averted my eyes back to the floor.

All of a sudden, I felt a pressure on my chin.. lifting my head.. and then his eyes were there again.

Wha..

I jumped back almost instantly.

"uh.. I'm.. I'm sorry" he fumbled over his words, his hands held up in the air as if I were a cop. "I just.. you weren't.. sorry"

"I need to go. thank you for the tape" I turned quickly and reentered the house.

I rushed back into my room and led on my bed.

I peeked up to the window to see him walking out of my garden.

Which means he stood there for a little while before deciding to leave.