𝟔

𝖢𝗂𝗍𝗒: (  𝖸𝗈𝗎𝗋 𝖢𝗁𝗈𝗂𝖼𝖾  ) 𝖣𝖺𝗍𝖾: 06/2022

𝖣𝖺𝗍𝖾: 06/2022

They were still at the diner. Y/n was in the kitchen cooking making a burger. When she was done they left through the back door and took the ladder that led up to the roof.

"I hope you aren't afraid of heights", she said leading the way. L just awkwardly chuckled in response. She stopped on her tracks. "You mean to tell me you got allat height on you and scared of—"

He playfully rolled his eyes, "Keep going."

She laughed and soon they made it to the top. When they got up there were still things left behind from the last time she was there, which was more than 8 years ago. The place was dusty and since it rained well there wasn't anywhere for them to sit. That was fine because she just wanted to spend a few minutes here, looking at the world below, like old times, before going home.

She found a table and asked him for the disinfectant wipes. She wiped the table clean and placed the plate on the table. She took her half of the burger and he took his.

"Won't your uncle be mad?" L asked. She took a bite and shook her head. He took a bite as well. When she got through chewing she said, "Yeah, he will be especially since you're eating for free." He stopped chewing and looked at her.

She busted out laughing at his serious expression. "Just eat. He won't find out... I think."

"Y/n, that's not reassuring."

"My unc not a scary dude, so you'll be fine. I do this all the time."

He gave a restless sigh as a response and continued eating. He had to admit the burger was really good. And after they both finished eating, they explored the rooftop. Y/n got this nostalgic feeling as she remembered all the things left up here.

They spent a few minutes up there taking in the view, playing with the diy obstacles, and getting to know each other a little bit more. It was all surface level stuff.

Y/n double checked everything was turned off and in place before leaving. Then, led the way to her house. She didn't live that far but the journey was going to be longer since they made a stop at a food truck.

"We're here", she said. He scrunched up his face, "Y/n, we're in front of a food truck."

"I know. I got hungry again and didn't know how to ask if we could get some churros."

"It's simple, 'hey L, do you want to stop at a food truck for some churros?'", he said in a female pitched voice that mimicked hers, then switched to his regular voice to respond, "'Sure, Y/n'... see, that wasn't so hard."

"Oh."

He laughed. They turned their attention to the food truck. Y/n knew the person working tonight and greeted them. She didn't have to say anything and he started preparing something for her.