𝟏𝟔

𝖢𝗂𝗍𝗒: (  𝖸𝗈𝗎𝗋 𝖢𝗁𝗈𝗂𝖼𝖾  ) 𝖣𝖺𝗍𝖾: 11/2022

𝖣𝖺𝗍𝖾: 11/2022

🎵Love Lies

At the grocery store, L got a shopping cart and strolled through the aisles. He tossed what he needed into the cart and once that was done he went to the self checkout line. He chose that since it was faster and he didn't feel like talking to the cashiers.

He began scanning the items and when he was halfway into it, one fell to the other side. The person standing at the self checkout beside him was kind enough to pick it up for him.

He had a smile on his face as he was getting ready to thank them, "Than—", but it soon faded away.

The woman's multicolored eyes pierced through his soul, "So this is where you ran off to?"

His body to tensed as he made eye contact with Emmarie. He went back to scanning the rest of the items and not taking the one that she picked up for him, paid and hurried out the grocery store.

She tailed right behind him, leaving her things inside. L went through every lane in hopes of getting rid of her but she found him every time.

"What the fuck do you want?", he said as he tried to unlock his car door. Emmarie got a good look at his car. Then grabbed his chin and asked, "Since when did you make that much money to afford a car like this?"

He yanked her hand away.

"Hello? I'm talking to you." She said in a condescending tone.

L continued to ignore her.

She stroked the side of his face and he moved back, "Baby... I haven't seen you in months and this is how you..." She cackled, "I read your letter." Again, he gave no reaction. She pushed even further, "I missed—"

Now this caused him to finally acknowledge her. "If your next words aren't I'm sorry then this 'conversation' is over."

She deadpanned. "Well I'm not."

L felt his ears and face burn with anger. However, he acted civilly, kinda. He gently grabbed her arm and looked her dead in the eyes as he said, "Go to the deepest pit in hell and stay there." Then removed it off of his car door.

"Oh tough gu—"

Both their attentions were turned away from each other as they heard a male voice call out for Emmarie. She clicked her tongue and L's face became expressionless as he saw the same man she left him for and a... She slowly backed away, smiling and waving as he got in his car and drove off.

.❀.

L took 20 minutes to himself in the car when he got back. Then he unloaded the groceries and headed up to his apartment. As he got closer he heard music, and as he opened the door he was hit with a comforting aura that only Y/n could produce.