𝟖

𝖢𝗂𝗍𝗒: (  𝖸𝗈𝗎𝗋 𝖢𝗁𝗈𝗂𝖼𝖾  ) 𝖣𝖺𝗍𝖾: 08/2022

𝖢𝗂𝗍𝗒: ( 𝖸𝗈𝗎𝗋 𝖢𝗁𝗈𝗂𝖼𝖾 )
𝖣𝖺𝗍𝖾: 08/2022

True to his word, L started seeing Y/n again. They had regular meet ups at coffee shops, the library, and lunch dates at restaurants near his job. Despite his ex-wife's voice shouting in his ear whenever they were around each other, he masked the torture by smiling through the pain.

But whenever he was in private, he would submit to the torture until it was done.

And as careful as he tried to hide it, Y/n knew something was up. The sleeplessness in his eyes got worse than the day before and the change in his wardrobe were all tell-tale signs of internal distress. Though he never had a specific style it was extremely old to wear long sleeves, heavy sweaters, and turtlenecks in 80 to 90 degree weather.

And as much as she tried dismissing the idea that he was hurting himself and those were coverups, unfortunately she wasn't wrong. He had been inflicting self-harm as a way to cope.

Just this morning he held his arm over the stove burning himself enough it became a 2nd degree burn. It hurt so bad. He called out for his mother or anyone.He reached his hand out for help... no one grabbed it. It made him believe that Emmarie is right. He will forever be alone.

L mumbled to himself as he went to the bathroom to bandage his wound. Then got ready for work. He chose to wear an all black outfit. A loose fitted black v-neck sweater paired with slacks.

On his way to his office, he greeted his coworkers. They offered their usual hellos and in return, he smiled. It was a small gesture that was a huge change from his recent demeanor. When he reached his office, Mr. Parsons was waiting for him. He had a small stack of files with him.

"Good morning detective." He said. It was definitely not a good morning, but nonetheless L said, "Good morning sir."

"I have great news for you!" It always amazed him how his boss could be so full of energy this early in the day. As they went inside his office, Mr. Parsons sat the files on his desk.

"What's the good news?"

"Drum roll please."

L blankly stared at him and Mr.Parsons awkwardly chuckled. "You're no fun, but I got Jarvis Keith case sent over to us. Here's all the paperwork that came with-"

L zoned out. He couldn't believe what he was hearing and felt like an idiot for forgetting about this.

"Earth to Lawliet?" Mr. Parsons waved his hands in the air.

He shook his head outta his thoughts."Sorry sir, I'm still waking up. But are you serious? You actually got the Private-Eyes to send the case over."

"Oh that's fine. I'll have Nancy bring you a cup of coffee.

"That's al-"

He waved him away, "I insist. But to answer your question, yes. It wasn't easy. Those Private Assholes put me through hell, but I didn't let up. I pulled whatever strings I could and boom! It's all yours." Hearing this put a smile on L's face. "See that right there, that's what I want to see all the time", Mr.Parsons pointed to his smile.