𝟏𝟓

𝖢𝗂𝗍𝗒: (  𝖸𝗈𝗎𝗋 𝖢𝗁𝗈𝗂𝖼𝖾  ) 𝖣𝖺𝗍𝖾: 11/2022

𝖣𝖺𝗍𝖾: 11/2022

What do they want from me again?, Sebastian extremely nervous as he was back in the interrogation room. He thought this was over. That there was no need to question him anymore because he told them all they needed to know.

Boy was he wrong.

It was far from over, it just got started.

Ranpo greeted him with a warm welcoming as he sipped on his cup of coffee. He returned a greeting back to him.

"You're probably wondering why you're here again?"

Sebastian nodded. L informed him that they had missed a few important questions during the first interrogation and needed to make up for it.

So the process began. His guard was up so they re-asked questions from the last visit as a way to ease him up. This worked and when they noticed a slight shift in his demeanor, the seized the opportunity to ask what they really wanted to.

"Ranpo cleared his throat as he began. He pulled out papers from his briefcase and displayed them in front of him. "Let's revisit another one of your old statements. In this you said your mother called or texted you to come home. So you left Jarvis at the park alone, correct?"

"Yes sir."

"Are you sure that's what happened?"

He felt his mouth run dry. "Y-yes sir", he forced out.

Ranpo clicked his tongue, "Y'know you're a promising young man with a bright future and I hate for you to throw it all away for nothing." Sebastian sat there confused and nervous again. However, he didn't say anything. He let the detective finish saying what he had to, "Mr. Glenn, multiple witness testimonies said you and the victim left together. But that's heresy... or it would've been if we didn't receive footage from the park confirming that you two left together."

He froze.

L wheeled in the tv then turned it on. The video on the screen showed what Ranpo had just said.

"Now we're not doubting that your mother may or may not have texted you to come home. But what we are doubting is that you didn't leave by yourself."

"And the time stamp on the video reads 5:39pm. Jarvis wasn't pronounced dead until 6:51pm which gives an hour and twelve minutes opening. So Sebastian tell us what the hell really happened. Where did you and Jarvis go? And why is it that he's no longer here but you are?"

"I- I—" Sebastian choked on his words. The sound of multiple gunshots firing, the bloody screams of his best friend, the impact each bullet made as they penetrated his body, and the police sirens all play at once causing him to slightly crack.

"I-it wasn't supposed to end that way. We— I never meant for— Al— He was just supposed to—" He suddenly stopped talking. It was like a little voice in his head made him snap out of it and he left whatever he was about to reveal in the far back of his mind, and said something else. "We did leave together and we don't to our favorite spot to eat. After that I don't know what happened..."