8

After the declaration of the challenge with Sapnap, I went to my classes for the rest of the day. As usual, it was tiring but occasionally bumping into Clay two or three times, it was fine. Plus, maybe I could win the challenge.

  But of course, we still stuck to our old rules. Whoever wins gets to order the losers for the rest of the day. Be it cleaning their quarters or fetching them food. It may or may not go to extreme measures but we chose not to.

  Finally in the afternoon, I finished all of my classes. Walking through the hallways, I heard voices and a... laugh?

  Curiosity filling me, I peered over to see Clay walking away from Sapnap, who was cackling on his own, hands over his stomach as he did so. Squinting my eyes, I walked over the prince with the not–so–princely manners.

  Crossing my arms, I said, "So, I see you have made progress." Startled, he spun around, wide eyed. Hastily composing himself, he placed a hand on his hip while the other pointed to where Clay disappeared to.

  "Of course I did," is what he replied. Stepping closer to the prince, I commented with sarcasm, "I'm impressed. Although, you have to do better than that. You can't just simply annoy him, you have to get on his nerves."

  "Isn't that what you do?"

  "You little–"

  "Good afternoon, Your Highness. Your Majesty," interrupted a voice.  Sapnap and I both turned our heads towards a bowing servant. He had a gloved hand on his chest while the other was hidden behind his back. Jet black hair was tied neatly behind his head, dangling slightly over the shoulders. Brown eyes matching his skin that was covered by a butler's suit.

  "I apologize for the interruption but a Lady named Hannah Rose came by to see you by the gates, Princess Y/N," the butler said, standing straight as he did.

  Copying his position, I questioned, "Hannah? By the gates? You should let her in." The butler held a frozen smile, "We had insisted her but she declined, saying she was in a hurry." Ah. "Well then," I turned to Sapnap, whose challenging demeanour flushed down and replaced by his princely aura.

  "I should get going." I shot an apologetic look to onyx haired prince, to which he nodded. "Yes. You shouldn't keep a lady waiting." He took my hand to his own and placed a kiss on the back. "I'll see you soon, princess." A light smirk appeared on his face but disappeared the second it came and walked away.

  That flirt.

  .....

  Yeah, he's a flirt.

  As soon as Sapnap left, I half-jogged towards the castle's entrance where Hannah is waiting. Honestly, I haven't seen her in a while. The last thing that I knew she's fine was through the roses she sent me when Niki came and visited me. Well, she did say she was pretty busy.

  Arriving at the entrance, I saw a silhouette, facing her back at me, with a long brunette hair flowing down to her waist. It was styled as a half ponytail with roses decorating the hair. Glancing down, it was an all-familiar, off-shouldered red gown. On the chest and the waist, where the top meets the skirt, were red fabrics shaped to look like roses, lining side to side. The gown had black swirls all over, indicating thorns and leaves.

  I grinned at the girl before calling out. "Hannah!" Said girl looked around by the mention of her name. A boquet of roses revealed on her hands. Typical Hannah. Once she spotted me, she grinned and waved her hand. I returned the gesture as I walked down to her and engulfed her in a hug.

  Hannah returned the hug and let go. "Oh my Notch, Y/N. I've missed you so," said the girl. She motioned me the roses and I gladly took it. I leaned my head into the roses and hummed when I was greeted by smell of great aroma wafting through my nose.

  Then I answered, "I've missed you too. Love the roses by the way and just in time, too. The roses you sent me were starting to wilt." Hannah simply waved a hand, indicating it was nothing. "I'm glad you like it. Anyway, I just came here to see you. Check up on you."

  I laughed lightly at her concern and the playful tone at the end. "No, I'm fine, Hannah. Nothing to worry about," I trailed off. "What about you? Everything alright by your end?" She, too, smiled at my concern and put her hands on her hips. "Oh, yeah. Feeling better than before," and laughed.

-------

  A few more words were exchanged before Hannah left. Waving goodbye, I went in, boquet still in hand. I smiled to know Hannah wasn't overworking herself since she said business was "piling up". She even stopped answering my letters beforehand. But now knowing the reason why, I didn't want to pressure her more by answering my letters.

  "Wait. So, who is this gentleman?"

  A voice rang behind me and I came to a stop. I looked over my shoulder to see Clay with crossed arms and a playful smirk etched on his face. I deadpanned at the sight. "No one, brother. It was simply Hannah that gave me this. Do not assume when your facts aren't straight as you think it is."

  He then copied my expression. "Seriously? I was just asking." I then fully turned to face him. "But you wouldn't stop asking if I had gave you a vague answer," I remarked. He raised his arms in defeat and walked towards me.

  "Alright, you got me. No need to be snarky about it," he chided. I hummed, fiddling with the petals until a smirk came across my face. I looked up at him and he gave me a confused expression. "What about you, brother? Have you received flowers yet?," I asked. He was beyond confused but still answered, "Yes. I've received some from time to time."

  I chuckled. "If you meant from the ladies and the people, that's not what I meant." He mouthed a 'What?' at me, confusion still on his face. I continued, "Has your love ever sent you roses? Did–?"

  "Stop it," he grumbled low at me which made the smirk on my face widen. I spun around, swaying side to side as I fiddled again with the petals. "Oh, has Clay never received flowers from his love? You poor thing. Maybe I should tell-"

  I was cut off mid-sentence when I heard Clay stomp away hastily with his palms covering his ears whilst singing an unsteady tune.

  I laughed at the blonde's antics. I continued my walk through the halls, thinking about my words to my brother. Maybe I should send a letter, see what happens. But the possible outcome for me is me running around in the castle, away from my outraged brother running towards me with his trusty axe.

  Oof, I don't want that.

  No one definitely wants that.