The funeral

POV Marinette:

Some women don't tolerate thorns in the hands of the one they love, and some women don't tolerate a small wound on the skin of their husbands, so what about me?

Here I am sitting on the edge of the bed, next to the lifeless body of my husband. I tried to find a solution to save him but I couldn't. He is gone to another world and has taken my soul and my heart with him. I don't exist anymore; Marinette doesn't exist because my soul has gone wherever Adrien went. Is there a body without a soul?

He left me and left our baby in my belly. The only thing left of Adrien. What can I say to my baby about his father? Do I tell him that his father is a brave man who sacrificed his life for the people of Paris? What if he asks me for more information? Shall I tell him that his father is my soulmate and my world? Shall I tell him that his father is gone and left a spark of fire that burns my heart every time I think of him? Who do I complain to? To whom do I talk about my pain? The pain of losing my husband, or the pain of my child losing his father, who he never saw and will only see in pictures?

Nino and Alya went home after crying all the tears in their bodies. Honestly, I can't cry as I don't have any tears left to shed over the passing of the most precious person in my life.

Here I am beside him, holding his cold hand and beside his clean, bloodless body, yes, he bled until he lost all his blood and I am powerless even to save him. If I could give him my blood, I wouldn't be stingy in giving it to him, I'm ready even to give him my soul.

Here I am looking at his beautiful face, his golden-yellow hair made bright by the reflection of the sun coming from the window on him to make my husband looks like an angel.

How can I bear not seeing his green eyes, how can I live without his touch, without his words and without his smile? How could I bear seeing his eyelids covering his eyes? Here I am screaming inside of me, a scream that may awaken the dead from their graves. Lord helps me, I can't breathe, every breath is a piece a broken glass piercing my soul.

All I have to do is to stay quiet and I don't say any word until the time of burial of his cold body that life has left, because I don't have any word to express what I feel.

It really hard for me to bury my husband myself, I really can't. I really want to die with him but I can't, I'm not alone. What if I get a little boy, the same golden hair as his father, the same eyes, the same smile. This may keep my fire calm for some time.

I need to be ready, for the burial in the cemetery. I put a black swing dress with lace, a black silk scarf and a black high heel, I let my hair down.

Nino: Mari, it's time

It's time, they got the coffin where my Adrien is, and we went to the limousine, followed by many cars full of who love my husband and in live by Nadja, Adrien is so famous. They don't stop repeating that Adrien is dead, it's like to see his body is not enough for me.

Alya and Nino are beside me, each of them is holding my hand, but nothing can help me in this moment.

We are in the cemetery, and the coffin is already 5 feet under the ground. Some are crying, some are hugging each other but me? The only support in my life is now under the ground. Who could I hug now? Who could I share my everything with?

Everyone left now, and only my parents, Nino, Alya and Layla stay. Looking at me sitting on my knees near Adrien's grave. What hurted me more, was Layla, who asked me something. She is innocent, she loved Adrien so much

Layla: Aunty Marinette, why papa Adrien isn't here? Where papa go? Layla will wait for papa here.

She sits next to me, on her knees. I raised my head to look at them, I found Nino hugging Alya and dad hugging mom, they both crying, even dad and Nino. Then Layla stands up and crawled to Nino's leg.

I felt a drop on my cheek, I raised my head, it's the rain. Layla opened the umbrella and gave it to me as everyone of them covered themselves with the umbrella. The way she gave me the umbrella, remind me of Adrien. Remind me the first day I fall in love with him. I couldn't hold my tears anymore, my tears are falling like a waterfall, then I shouted out loud to release some of the pain I feel inside my broken heart.

Marinette (while yelling very loud) : How dare you leave me and your baby, how am I going to live without you, My god, I can't support this separation.

I have laid my arms on the ground, My parents and my friends feel helpless in front of my painful screams, they know what Adrien means to me. I didn't ask for much, I just asked to live happily with my husband and our baby.

My words can't express my sadness at seeing the grave of my only support in this life. Every breath I breathe is painful agony and a giant fire that feeds on the fire of Adrien's parting. This fire will not be extinguished no matter what happens, because the only one who can stop it is under the soil.

I stand up and I raised my head to the sky, just to promise myself something

Marinette: I swear, that hawkmoth will pay and ill make him wish the death and I won't give it to him. Let's go home.

They started walking to the limousine, but I couldn't, it's cold, how Adrien feels right now. Adrien hates loneliness, and now he is alone in a dark coffin.

My parents, Alya and Nino asked to stay with me for the coming day which I accepted.

We are finally home, I walked to my room like an automate, without a word. I changed my clothes and I sit on the bed.

I got all the albums that Alya made for us as a wedding gift, contain all the pictures she got for Adrien and me. I turned the pages and look at me and Adrien together. I raised my hands to look at my wedding ring and... cat noir's ring. I got the ring to give it to our baby once he grows up.

Plagg didn't said anything too, he spent all the time quiet, sitting on Adrien's pillow, smelling the wonderful smell of his owner. I understand what he feels, I lost my husband, and he lost his owner. I know how much Plagg love Adrien, he even repeats all the time that Adrien is his best owner ever, and that he wants to stay with him till the end but.... We both lost the same person

I lost my husband, and he lost his owner