Chapter 7

"You're the first one when things turn out bad. You know I'll never be lonely. You're my only one and I love the things... I really love the things you do. Oh, you're my best friend" - You're My Best Friend, Queen

~

Fiona stood in her new apartment. 

Looking around she took in all of the work she and Elle had gotten done in the last few days. 

There was still some work to do. Some bits and pieces needed to get put away and few boxes were still left at her parents house. But so far, she was really happy with how the place turned out. Fiona also wanted to decorate the place a little bit more. She decided on doing that later though, when everything else was finished.

It was Thursday now.
On Monday Fiona started the process of moving. Since the apartment was mostly furnished, she only needed a few heavy things moved there. Charles and Pierre offered their help with that, since both of them only had to leave for France on Tuesday. She was grateful for.their help.

The four of them made a whole day out of it, since they rarely got to spend time together anymore.
Ordering Pizza and watching one movie after the other into the middle of the night

It was only when she fell asleep with her head on Charles shoulder, that they called it a night.
Saying goodbye to the boys was hard. She knew they were leaving for Le Castellet the next day and Fiona couldn't help but worry everytime they left for a race.

Sighing heavily, she decided to keep her mind busy and make her and Elle, who was already on her couch scrolling through her phone, some lunch.
The pair had just finished hanging up all her clothes and sorting out her wardrobe and decided to chill for a little while.

„You okay with Bagels?", she called out to her friend.

„Yeah, sure. Need some help?"

„No, I'm good, thank you!"

Just as Fiona was about to bring their plates over to Elle, her door bell rung. Putting the plates down on the kitchen counter, she made her way over to her front door. Wondering who on earth it could be on the other side. They weren't a lot of people that already knew where her new place was.

Opening the door, the brunette was met by a man named Oliver.
Oliver was a friendly, middle-aged man that was working at the front desk of her apartment building.

Nothing unusual for Monaco., since safety was a very important thing in the principality.

„Hello Oliver. What brings you up here?" she greeted the man standing in front of her with a surprised look on her face.

He held out a large white envelope to her which she hadn't noticed he was holding until now. „Hello Miss Fiona. Someone gave this up for you downstairs."

„Thank you," she spoke, taking the envelope from him. „You didn't have to come all the way up here though. I could've gotten it myself when I went out the next time."

Oliver shook his head. „They said it was very important that you'd get it right away."

Curiosity grew inside of her „Oh, okay. Do you know who this is from?"

He shook his head. „I can't tell you that. I'm sorry, Miss."

„It's alright, thank you again," she told him and the man went back downstairs.

Closing the door, Fiona made her way over to Elle.

„Go on. Open it," the blonde told her somewhat enthusiastically after her friend sat down and told her what just happened.