Chapter 17

'We'll safety pin the pieces of our broken hearts back together. Patchin' up all the holes until we both feel much better' - Safety Pin, 5 Seconds of Summer

~

„Can you look who it is?" Pierre called out to from the bathroom of her apartment when he heard his phone ringing from inside.
After the race, he decided to spent the night at Fionas place rather than spending it at his hotel room.

Race weekend was the only time that he didn't spent at either of his friends places when he was in Monaco. It was his way of getting into the zone. He would feel too much at home if he were to stay at one of their places before a race.

With the events of earlier, he opted to pack up his stuff and went straight to Fionas place. She was as grateful as ever for his company and support.

Today hadn't gone the way she imagined. At all. One could say it was some kind of disaster.

Hours had passed and she still wasn't sure what to think about Sylvie appearing at the track.

All she knew was, that Charles had betrayed her trust and that right now she didn't want to have anything to do with him anymore.

Her and Pierre had been home for round about an hour. Pierre had convinced her to at least go out for dinner instead of hiding herself on the couch with a tub of ice cream and watching sappy movies.

It wasn't an easy task but after he promised her to let her choose the first movie afterwards she gave in to his wish.

Fiona had already taken a shower and got dressed in a blue and white couloured summer dress. She was doing her make up while Pierre took a shower himself.

Lazily she got up from her dressing table and went over to her bedside table where Pierre left his phone to charge.

As soon as she picked his up, she saw his picture flashing on the screen. It was like Fiona was paralyzed in an instant. She couldn't help but stare at those familiar features of the man she thought she knew so well.

Interesting, she thought. It hurt her to see him call Pierre. Some part of her hoped that it was all just some cruel joke and that he actually cared enough about her to call her after what happened today.

He never did...

She might have told herself it was because of his unfortunate luck before the race and that he didn't call because he was upset about it.

Clearly, that wasn't the case as he was perfectly capable of calling Pierre.

It was another pull at her heartstrings. She should've expected it.

„Fiona?" Pierre called out again, bringing her back to reality.

She shook her head to herself before answering him. „It's him." She said flatly.

Pierre cursed from inside the bathroom and a second later he walked out, wearing only some beige linen shorts. His hair and torso still dripping wet.

„Jesus, don't mind my carpet," she told him, rolling her eyes.

The French took it with a laugh and got his phone from Fiona.

He knew her mood wasn't directed at him but rather at the person calling him.

Pierre answered the call and went back inside the bathroom, shutting the door behind him.

As much as Fiona wanted to walk over to the door and listen in on what they were talking about, she knew better. It would only be self destructive of' her to do that.