Chapter 27

Fiona was waiting for her luggage to arrive, when she got a text from Charles, telling her he was waiting for in the arrival zone.

Bold choice, she thought. Hopefully no one would be able to recognize him and hopefully she would. She was expecting him to wait for her in the car.
Nice airport was buzzing, it would probably take her a moment to make out Charles in the crowd, since he'd be disguising himself by wearing cap and hoodie for sure.

Fiona yawned. Even though it was amazing to spent all this time with her friends, she was exhausted. The girls had so much to talk about that in the end there hadn't been a lot of time left for sleep.

A few drinks here and there were also heavily involved.

Besides that, her alarm woke her up at three in the morning. Since Elenas flight left at six thirty am and her's departed at eight am, the girls all drove tot he airport very early so Elena could catch her flight. Cate and Fiona spent the spare time eating breakfast at a café around the corner.

Her original plan, to catch up on some sleep during her flight, got destroyed as well. They were flying directly through one thunderstorm after the other.
While Fiona wasn't scared of them, the turbulences were enough to keep her from falling asleep.

If she wanted to not do that the second she sat down on Charles' couch tonight, she desperately needed to take a nap when she got home.

For a moment Fiona started to think her suitcase had gotten lost, since almost everyone she recognized from the plane had already retrieved theirs.

Luckily, even though she had been on a lot of lights throughout the years, it had never happened to her.

It didn't today either, as a few short minutes later her suitcase finally rolled up in front of her.

Fiona lifted it off the band and made her way towards the arrival zone to look for Charles.

As it turned out, she didn't need to look very hard.

Charles was not in disguise, as she was used to from all those times he had picked her up from somewhere public.

No, Charles was standing in the middle of the foyer, with his signature bandana in his hair and the red Richard Mille on his left wrist.

It took her by surprise to see him standing there like that, but what surprised her even more was what he was holding in his left hand.

He actually came to pick her up with a bouquet of flowers in his hands. Light pink peonies to be exact, her favourite flowers.

Tears started to form in her eyes, Fiona quickly blinked them away.

She asked herself how she could be so lucky to have someone that amazing wait for her, as she rushed over to him.

When she reached them, he gave her the flowers and then engulfed her in a hug. „It's good to have you back," he told her. „I missed you."

Fiona pulled slightly back from their hug to look at him. „I missed you too," she said. „Are you mad though? People are going to recognize you for sure."

He shrugged. „They already have. I've signed a few autographs while I was waiting for you," he revealed casually, making Fionas eyes go wide.

„You're not worried someone might see us?" she asked hesitantly.

Charles had always kept his life pretty private, as well as his relationships. People would definitely assume something was going on between them if they had seen him giving her the flowers.