Chapter 6

"Let me see your best move. Anything could happen. Ever since I met you. No need to imagine. Baby, all I'm asking is let me take you dancing" - Take You Dancing, Jason Derulo

~

A few hours later all five of them were on the dance floor. Dancing their hearts out to the beats of the music blasting through the speakers of Le Rouge.
Fiona was sure she'd be deaf by tomorrow as her ears already started to ring from the bass but she couldn't care less.

For her, it was the first time in a while where she was finally able to let a little bit loose. Let herself fall and enjoy living in the moment.
It was something Fiona has been struggling a lot with over the last few years.

Which is why she always tried to keep her guard up, too afraid she'd miss something again.
Too afraid to have her heart broken into pieces again.

She didn't know if it was the alcohol running through her system, that was slowly getting to her head or if it was that her mind finally realized she was safe with her friends.

It wasn't like she didn't trust them, she did, with her whole heart. After sticking with each other for the majority of their lives, after going through hell together, she knew they weren't going to leave her.

It was just hard to ignore that voice deep inside her, that always seemed to remind her that nobody cared. That they'd all hurt her in the end.

Shaking those thoughts out of her system, Fiona pulled herself back in to the here and now.

She closed her eyes and lifted her hands up over her head, swaying her hips to the music. Not giving a damn what anyone thought of her at that moment. She was going to have fun.

Fiona only opened her eyes again, when she felt someone put their hands onto her waist.

Reading herself to push some weird strangers away, Fiona looked up. Only to be met by Pierre sheepishly smiling down at her. She'd recognize that kind of grin anytime. He was wasted.

The brunette met his smile, Pierre always used to be so much fun when he was drunk and it certainly didn't stop him from dancing with her.
Pulling her closer to himself, ‚Fiona wrapped her arms around his neck. „Just like old times," he told her, obviously remembering the many times he pair danced like this in the past.

„Let's see if you still got your moves," she grinned at him teasingly and started to move her body. Totally in sync with his.

Pierre only gave her an unimpressed look, both very well knew that he could dance.

Fiona considered herself a decent dancer, Pierre on the other hand, he was that kind of dancer that gave you the impression of being talented just by being held in his arms. He was that good, it came so naturally to him.

Turning around in his arms after some time passed, Fiona felt someones gaze on her. She was quick to find Charles looking at her.
Giving him a bright smile, she was met only by him glaring at her, before he turned around and walked oft he dance floor.

What was that about?

After a while, Charles still didn't come back to the floor. Fiona stared to wonder where he went off to. Which is why she decided to look for him, she could use a drink anyway after all that dancing.

Excusing herself from Pierre, Elle and her friend, Fiona made her way to the restroom to freshen herself up a little bit.
After splashing some water onto her face and putting her hair into a high ponytail so it wouldn't get stuck onto her face due to the heat anymore, she walked over to the bar to order herself some water.