Chapter 28

„Gosh I have no clue what to wear," Fiona sighed in defeat, as she let herself fall onto her bed. There were clothes strewn all around her bedroom floor and on top of her bed.
She had been trying to find the right outfit for her movie night with Charles for almost an hour now.

To say that she was nervous about tonight would be a major understatement. Usually she'd never worry that hard about what to wear when she was spending time with him.
Charles had seen her in every way possible, from looking all dolled up to looking like a truck had just run her over.

Tonight however, tonight would be different.

Other than this morning and talking on the phone constantly, they hadn't really spent time with each other since that night in Milan, when they resolved their issues.

Fiona knew she told Charles it would take some time for her to forget it all, but with all this time apart she only longed to be with him more.

Tonight would be the first time, that the changes in their relationship would play out and right now, the anticipation, the excitement and nerves, were slowly but steadily making her go absolutely crazy.

She was sure, if someone she didn't know could see her right now, that she would definitely come off as a crazy person. Luckily though, it was her best friend keeping her company and trying to keep her sane.

Was it working? Arguably not, but the effort counts right?

„How hard can it possible be?" Elle, who was sitting on Fionas bed as well, asked rhetorically. She was gradually starting to become annoyed with her friend, not really understanding what the fuss was all about.

It was miracle that she had found a spot on Fionas really comfy bed, that was spared from the frantic throwing of random clothes.

Overlooking the amount of clothes, the brunettes wardrobe must be pretty much empty by now. Still, Fiona hadn't found anything to wear. At least nothing that was to her liking.

„Elle, this is serious. I really don't know what to wear tonight," Fiona complained frustrated.

She had shown Elle more than a dozen outfits by now and the blonde had approved every single one of them. However, nothing seemed to convince Fiona.

„Fi, this is just a movie night and not a proper date where you guys go out somewhere. It's just Charles. You've done these things so many times in the past. Just wear what you always wear." Elle said, while scrolling through her phone.

She really shouldn't have said that, if she wanted to make Fiona less stressed out. The only thing it did was intensify her stress level, since Fiona was now not only thinking about what to wear tonight. No, she was also reminded of Thursday night.

Her and Charles were going to have their first proper date then.

And she'd have to find another outfit to wear for it.

„It's not the same," Fiona said and stood up from her position on the bed. She started to pick up random shirts from her floor to hold them up in front of her and to check her appearance in her mirror... Only to throw them away again.

Elle raised an eyebrow hat her friend. „Yeah? Why's that?"

„Because," she threw her hands in the air in total despair. „We're not the same anymore. We're not just best friends Charles and Fiona anymore. We're Charles and Fiona, trying to be lovers."

„God, you're so poetic," Elle scoffed. „Just throw on something casual. I can guarantee you my cousin will do the same. He won't go all out until Thursday."