Season 2 Episodes 21 & 22: All Hell Breaks Loose

"So, he just disappeared", Bobby asked?

"He walked in, then he was gone," Dean nodded, "Then I called you guys".

"How is this possible" Robin shook her head at Bobby? "We've seen nothing".

"What do you mean" Dean asked?

"Well, the weird shit with Sam" Robin explained, "We figure it all relates back to Yellow Eyes right"?

"Right".

"There has been no demonic activity at all" Robin replied.

"What" Dean asked, "How is that possible"?

"I dunno" Robin shrugged, "But we watch this shit, and it's been radio silence".

"The calm before the storm" Bobby muttered.

"Well how the hell are we supposed to find Sam" Dean shouted?

"Don't know" Bobby shouted back.

Robin and Bobby had gotten a frantic call from Dean the night before. The Winchester boys had stopped for a bite to eat. Sam had gone in to grab their food, there were lights flickering, which is usually an indicator of something not good going down. Then nothing. Literally nothing, no Sam, no anyone. Considering the year that Sam had been having, with his sudden psychic abilities and who could forget their run-ins with the yellow eyed demon, this was not a good sign.

Dean's phone rang, "Ash, what've ya got" he asked walking away to take the call?

Bobby gave a worried look to Robin, "I can't believe I'm saying this" he looked at her, "But we may need your mojo for this one".

"This time" she asked? "Dad, I can't do it for people, it's objects, and I am the only one who could go anyway. So, what, I would get there and call for backup? You think Sam wouldn't have done that already"?

"Well if we come face to face with the demons" he hissed, "If you need to- "

"Witch power versus a demon" she asked? "You're joking right"?

Dean returned to the Singers, "I guess we're going to the roadhouse".

The drive was a short one, at the end they found the charred remains of what was once the Roadhouse.

"Ellen" Robin shouted, "Ash"?

"Do you see them" Dean asked?

"No", Bobby shook his head.

Robin started to freak out, moving debris. She was terrified of what she would find. Family don't end in Blood. This was something her father had told her many times, referring to the Harvelles, the Winchesters, that spindly little dentist he'd come to care for. So, if that was the case, she was potentially about to find the dead bodies of her family. As they sifted through the wreckage they found the bodies of several hunters, until finally they found Ash. He was gone.

Robin winced. She was trying to hold it back, the tears. She didn't cry, she was a god damn hunter. Bobby saw her fighting and held her tight. This was typically her signal she was allowed to stop being tough, in that moment she was a little girl in her dad's arms. She turned into his shoulder and silently cried.

As they were heading back to the car Dean winced in pain.

"Dean" Bobby shouted.

"Headache" Dean replied.