Chapter Thirty Five; "I've got your back"

*In the beginning of the glade*
     This new place had started to look less gloomy in only one week, unrest was stamped out by their leader, Nick who you weren't all too fond of. You were the only one capable enough to be the medic, often making your days endlessly busy as people got into the swing of their jobs. In the meantime though you had made the first invention of your memory. A radio.

     You were camped out far into the forest for a break, knowing if you didn't there would be someone to come whining about a cut. And, of course, several complaints as you let the staticky music play as loud as it possibly could.

     You sang along, clambering up trees to get a better view of this new place, cackling at the scurrying beetles you scared.

     With a change of song you scurried down, flipping to hang upside down by a branch so you could get off faster, yelping when your head clunked against a blonde boy's.

     He stumbled back, rubbing the back of his head while he watched you lose your balance and fall onto your breath, knocking the wind out of you.

     You groaned, the boy crouching beside your head and looking at you from above. You took the opportunity to squint up at him, then shove his head to the side so you could get up.

     "That's what you get for being a bloody loon, thinking you're some rockstar," He chided.

     You were startled at the thick accent, "The shuck you talkin' funny for?"

     "I have an accent!" He said hotly.

     "I can tell," You jeered back, standing up, "And I'm not a loon, you ruined my moment. What do you need? Got a splinter?"

     "No I heard your horrendous excuse for singing and the music from a mile into the forest, thought it was worth a trip to see what little rockstar was here. Then you fell on your butt, got a good laugh outta that," He smirked.

     "Aye, aye, calm down-" You stopped, feeling a ghost of a memory tug when you tried to search for this boy's name, a memory you couldn't reach, "- blondie? What's your name?"

     "Newt," He replied, holding out a hand.

     You looked down at his hand then back up at him, "Who the heck names a kid after a lizard?"

     "Alright rockstar, what's your name?"

     "Y/n, I'm the medic," You batted his extended hand away as kindly as possible.

     He thought for a moment, tongue rubbing over his lips, "Well that's not fair I have nothing to insult your name with."

     You cackled walking back to the small little radio sitting on the ground.

     He reached out and grabbed your wrist, making you jerk back at it, jolting with the unwelcome physical contact.

     He quickly changed to just grasp onto your sleeve, not even questioning you, "At least I didn't fall out of a tree."

     And at that moment you decided that you liked this boy. Also that you had already forgotten his name.

     You wrinkled your nose at him, "You're just full of jokes."

     You waved him over to follow you, sitting by the radio and turning it down considerably so you could hear him.

     He poked at the radio curiously, "I didn't remember that coming up with us."