Chapter 1

They spent 3 more days in Villedor gathering supplies, hanging out with friends and just getting ready to leave. In the morning, they had decided that today was a good day to start their journey, so, picking all the things they would need, saying goodbye to everyone, they made their way out of the safety of the walls, even though Aiden had made sure to warn Hakon about all the dangers of the numerous infected they would encounter, giving him one more chance to back out of their deal but Hakon just said that he wouldn't be safe with Aiden either, he was determined to stay by his side, so, off they went.

A few days later, it was around 7 in the evening and the sun was setting, the two males were trying to find a place to sleep for the night, they had preferred to spend their nights in small settlements but sometimes could not find one so they would find a small building to secure with UV lights and spend the night there then continue in the morning.

This was a lucky night in that they found a place to stay that was occupied by people, going up to an older looking man with a beard who was standing outside of the most intact building there, seeing the two unfamiliar men approaching him, he spoke up in a gruff voice,

"Who are you?"

"I'm Hakon, my buddy here is Aiden, and we're just looking for a place for the night."

Hakon responded as the man glanced behind him at Aiden,

"I'm guessing you two are pilgrims, yeah?",

the man said looking back to Hakon,

"Eh, not really, we're just trying to make it to the beach, I've heard it's supposed to be easier there."

Hakon rubbed the back of his neck nervously as the older man looked at them for a minute,

"Alright, follow me, we don't have much space here so I hope you guys don't mind sleeping in here."

he led them to a very small building, almost like a shack but a little bit bigger. Stepping inside, there was only a bed, 2 chairs and a small table at the foot of the bed, looking around the man spoke again,

"Sorry there's only one bed but I could go get a sleeping bag if you want?"

"No, that's okay, we have a couple, thank you."

Aiden spoke up for the first time since arriving here,

"Well, alright you guys get some sleep, and good luck on your travels."

the man said then gave them a small salute as he exited the building and back to his place.

Putting his backpack down, Hakon looked to Aiden with a smirk and said,

"See,pilgrim, I told you I would deal with people.",

Aiden just rolled his eyes at him and sat down on the bed,

"I can talk to people too, ya know, I did do this for 4 years."

he told the other male across from him who was putting down his weapons and turning on the UV lights in the room,

"Yeah, but you just don't have my charm, pilgrim."

Hakon laughed causing Aiden to shake his head,

"Whatever, Hakon, atleast I don't have to sleep on the floor."

After arguing for a few minutes about who gets the bed, they just decided to share the bed, it was a only a full sized bed but both of them were too stubborn so they had no choice, climbing onto the bed in just T-shirts and shorts, they layed on their respective sides with their backs to eachother with only 4 inches between them as they slowly fell asleep.