A mother's love

Warning Dark mentions of Child abuse/domestic abuse, brainwashing, violence and death along with Mild mentions of Rape! Viewer discretion is advised.
Childhood. A time in their life when everyone is meant to be happy, innocent perhaps even joyful! As you watch the light enter a child's life when they wake up in the morning. But unfortunately, sometimes people don't experience such conditions.

Damian huffed, his eyes held horrors that men wouldn't dare unveil. He hasn't slept in weeks. He growled, the howling of the alarm for the team meeting caused unbearable rage to install in him. He threw a perfect antique book 'Charles Dickens' of all things to the floor.

The pristine bookmark lay on the scuffed floor. Burn marks covered the corners, the blurry outline of two figures still visible. A young boy sat on a woman's lap, dressed in traditional assassin robes. The boy smiled up at her, the image paused at that moment as the boy lay himself on top of her shoulder. She smiled down at him with the same shade of green eyes.

"So, so happy..." Damian thought to himself as he pictured her leafy green eyes staring at him. It was weeks before, his mother was thrown into the Lazarus pit for the first time. Although, he hasn't known at the time. He had been but a five-year-old boy and that was the last time he saw his mother smile down at him with such love and affection. Even if it was a little twisted, the morals were always blurry in the league of assassins!

There was a small knock at his door, it almost startled him. He was too absorbed in his thoughts he reasoned. Before a feminine, a familiar-sounding voice came through the steel door, although it was barely audible. 

"Damian, it's Raven. Kory wants you out here in five minutes and she's getting pretty nervous. Your father wishes to speak with you, something regarding the league." That voice calmed him, more than he could ever know. The door opened as it slid across the floor, hidden away from view; giving Raven a full view of the state of his usual tidy room.

Her eyes narrowed, not aggressively. But more out of shock and concern than anything else, as she took in Damian's appearance and the mess which was at his feet.

"What happened? You look like you haven't slept in days!" She commented her voiced covered with confusion.

"Habibi... I'm fine" he said, his voice trailed. Even to himself it sound like a lie. He was sure that she could see through his deception. She corked an eyebrow, glaring at him.

"No. Your not fine, Damian! I can feel your emotions. Don't lie to your empathic Girlfriend." She added her shoulders sighing a little in disbelief. She walked over to him rather calmly and carefully, draping one arm over his shoulder and one was positioned around his heart. It pulsed under her fingertips, quickening as she pulled Damian into a comforting embrace.

Damian's chest heaved, his breathing coming in steady slow gasps. He snaked his arms around her waist, pulling her closer. The smell of her hair, a sweet scent like that of candy-floss. It kept him grounded, pulling him towards her like gravity itself had shifted.

"Thank you Beloved," he answered. She didn't even speak back, instead placing a finger to his lips. It eased his growing emotions as he began to feel the arrival of her magic. Her voice a relaxing ballad to his ears. He stared for a moment bewitched by her beauty, using his fore finger he took a loose strand of her hair, twirling it softly through his fingers.

She eyed him, raising an eyebrow at his unusual actions. He let the strand fall carefully. The curl had widened fully to its original volume, as he brushed it behind her ear.

Raven looked perplexed, her lips pouted, her cheeks flushed and her vision fluffy, she felt clammy, as her cheek reddened. It was only then that she realised he was shirtless...