Flower power

Tubbo didn't know what to think about the Purpled situation. They kidnapped him and now him and his weird dog showed up almost every day. Some days he'd join in on the conversation and others he'd just sit there in silence, staring at seemingly nothing. On those days "dog champ" would stay closer to his owner and ignore the hot dogs.

Today, Tommy and him were taking a break from revolution stuff because it was the only way to get Wilbur to sleep. So off to the fields it was.

Surprisingly purpled came earlier than expected. Him showing up anytime before seven pm wasn't terribly strange, just unusual, considering he somehow looked more tired during the day and it made him wonder when the purple teen slept.

"Purpled! You should come with us."
"Fuck no! We don't hang out with Americans."
"Then it's a good thing I don't want to spend time with any British people."
"All of l'manburg is British though."
"No, Tommy is being a bitch so I'm not hanging out with you guys."
"Purpled, if you don't come with us I'll poison all your food."

His eyes widened at tubbo's threat and he just nodded in acceptance.

Once they were in the field he stared collecting flowers. There was a slight breeze and Tommy's brown feathers were getting slightly ruffled as he filled his hands with bright red poppies. The two started to weave them together to make crowns once it was decided they had enough.

When Sally had still been alive she had taught them how to make them. Her eyes would be different every time you looked and her fingers would change in length or sharpness to better tie daisies together, a cosmo of freckles swirling on her face.

Maybe they should have invited fundy to come do this with them as well.

"What's on your mind Purps? There's some purple flowers over there if ya want them."

He shrugged and looked towards the flowers. The bags under his eyes almost as dark as the first day he showed up to their camp. "Dunno how to make crowns."

"But.. isn't Punz a moth hybrid? I thought flower crowns were important to them?"

"What do you mean?" His brows were furrowed and he wore a frown, looking genuinely concerned.

"Yah, there, like, culturally and instinctually important to them or some shit, like with bee hybrids." Tommy wasn't looking at them, too concentrated on what he was making.

"Oh."
...
...
"Could you teach me?"
"Sure."

————————-

Purpled may be having a small crisis as he watched Tubbo weave cornflowers and dandelions together. Apparently he had a whole culture and traditions he didn't know about because he was fucking kidnapped at age four.

He yawned, trying to keep his eyes(or at least two of them) open to watch at the brown haired boy repeated the actions.

Dream had him doing more of what was essentially busywork all night long and he couldn't bring himself to go back to sleep after the nightmare he had that morning.

"that's it! Now you try." Tubbo finished, placing a flower in his hand.

And, in a sleep deprived fashion, he shoved it in his mouth without thinking, his tired, tired moth brain mistaking it as good time. His eyes widened in alarm as two other pairs focus onto him.

An awkward minute of silence is what follows.

"What the fuck?" Tommy, ever the one with words.

"Purpled... answer honestly, did you just eat that flower?"

"No." He said, his mouth still filled with blue petals.

"Ok that was the opposite of honest, but question number two, are you a hybrid?"

"...no?"

"Oh prime, Purpled what the fuck?"

He was not feeling quite as tired as before.

"Purpled, if you are hiding moth wings under your hoodie I'm murdering your whole family and stealing your house."
"What?!? Tubbo I'm not hiding wings-"
"Fucking prime there is no way he's not hiding wings."
"Hey-"
"Take off the hoodie Purpled."
"No! I'm not taking it off-"
"Using force it is."

They grabbed him as he tried to move away and pulled the hoodie off ,surprisingly quickly, by the sleeves. Purpled was infinitely grateful that he decided to wear a shirt underneath it as not to expose the hypixle brand that sat on his shoulder. He already had them asking too many questions and he didn't want them knowing about that.

"Purpled you have antennas."
"I knew there was a reason for you being emo!"
"Tommy what the fuck."

"So... is there any other hybrid traits we should know about?"
"No."
"You need to stop lying, it's getting to be a problem."

How did he get in this situation? Should he also show them his eye? He had only shown his friends and unfortunately his family, were these people his family?

He sighed and opened his third and fourth eye.

"Oh my god you're an alien."
"What? No, I'm a moth hybrid I just don't have wings," in the back of his mind memories flash of Dream telling him what a shame it was that he wasn't born with wings and how unfortunate it was.

"Sorry it's just cool that it matches the whole space aesthetic you've got going on."

"Oh. Sorry."
"It's fine, you ready to show the others?"
"I don't wanna."
"Purpled-"