Here we are

He clutched the cold iron sword until his knuckles turned white, dried blood flaking underneath his fingernails. Screaming seemed to come from everywhere. People who were injured or bleeding out crying for help even though they had no supplies to heal them. He dropped the sword and brought his shaking hands up to his ears. It's too loud. It's too loud.

Footsteps sounded from behind him. He looked around to find the sword had vanished. He could taste blood in his mouth.

"269a you are not allowed to stop fighting."

~~~~~
Purpled sat up quickly. His heart thundered in his chest and his hands shook uncontrollably.

"Dog champ?" He whispered. The dog trotted over and laid his head on the boys lap. They sat like that in silence for another hour before Purpled sighed and decided to get going.

He stood up and made his way to one of his chests, grabbing as many health potions and bandages as he could.

By the time he made it to L'manburg it was eight in the morning. He pulled open the vans door and made his way in.

"Hey Purpled, you're here earlier then usual."
He hummed in response, shoving the supplies into a nearby chest.

It continued like that for another minute before purpled paused and turned to look at Wilbur, who was grooming his wings.

"What's the point?"
"Uh, purpled, I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about?"
"What started the revolution?"

Wilbur stopped, his fingers still laced between his shiny gray feathers, his other wing had fluffed up behind him. Purpled watched as he and Eret made eye contact before sighing, seemingly resigned to his gait of storytelling.

"Well, you know how Tommy is? He's always creating pranks and getting into trouble? Dream really didn't like that. And then I started the drug business and got thrown in jail even though they weren't even real drugs, just potions, and we decided to separate from the smp."

He brought his wings closer around him. Purpled kept a neutral expression, he needed to hear this story through.

"At the beginning we hadn't even planned to fight. We were just the little country of L'manburg, doing our little thing. And then Dream came, and he threatened us, said that if we didn't fallow his rules he'd kill us."

Purpled ignored the knot in his gut and the knowledge that he wasn't surprised that his brother would do such a thing.

"We obviously said no, and here we are, in the middle of a revolution."

"Here we are." Eret repeated, his eyebrows furrowed.

And purpled thinks he finally understands. Because the idea of facing multiple people at a time and fighting for his very life and his friends being in danger make him physically sick. It makes his skin burn, his intestines twist themselves together, and his brain numb. But sitting here in a rundown hotdog/drug van with a man who started a revolution and was only a few years older then him and was family, he found that everything suddenly clicked.

Looked from Wilbur with his stupid, shiny wings and bird like eyes to Eret with their sunglasses snuggled firmly on her face, to Tommy, Tubbo, and fundy who lay sleeping on top of each other on the makeshift bed in the back.

This revolution would be different then the first one he was in, even if he had to join to make it happen.