First day of work, feelings bad

Purpled wakes up to dog champ's barking. At eight in the morning. When he is exposed to be asleep.

The election had been held three days prior and purpled wasn't ready to deal with anything relating to it. He had actually left before the reveal and was angry that he thought they could get through one event without something bad happening.

He crawls out of bed anyways and goes down his elevator to see who would possibly be disturbing him at this hour.
And...

It's Dream.

Of course it's Dream. Who else would it be? Someone he would actually want to talk to? Of course not, why would anything go his way?

He tenses as he exits the green glass tube.

"Purpled."
"Hey?"
"I've got another job for you."
"Yah?"

"You are going to work for schlat for awhile, do some paperwork or something."
"Nope."
"I'm not asking."
"Don't care."
"Why are you being difficult?"
"Still not doing it."
"If you don't there will be consequences, Purpled. You know this."

Purpled grit his teeth.

"I really can't believe you're not taking this work opportunity, considering your house is still full of tnt."

...
"Fine."
"There we go! I knew we'd come to an agreement," he ruffled the younger boy's hair," you start today so I'd get going."
"What?"

His brother already was walking away.

Purpled slid his hand down his face and sighed.

Did this job even have a paycheck? It better if he is going to be serious about it.

———-
Work, to say the least, sucked. Mostly because he should be sleeping at this time, but there were other problems thrown in the mix as well.

He fills out paperwork for hours. Stack after stack of useless junk. They've only had schlat as president for two days, how the fuck is there so much?

All he wants to do is sleep.

And he can't even do that.

After a nine hour shift he gets home to see Dream. Again.

The guy is just standing there like the creep he was.

"Purpled. I have another favor to ask."
"It can wait. I'm tired."

"No, I really don't think it can. I need another bucket or two of fish before midnight."

"Are you fucking kidding me? No, I'm going to bed."

"But it would be so sad if your UFO blew up. Could you imagine? Whatever it is you are working on in there gone, not to mention Dogchamp. It seems like the door letting him leave whenever he wants has broken. You should probably fix that."

His hands shook, his blood feeling ice cold.

"I'll be back at midnight."
Dream snorted," you better, I gave you a job after all."

As he walked towards a nearby stream, purpled didn't feel like he would be sleeping anytime soon.