drunk

I walked down the hall, expecting for Darryl to pop out and scare me like how he usually does.

I started to get concerned when I reached the end and i could spot Darryl anywhere, did he skip school without me? I sigh, I'll just text him.

I pulled out my phone from my left pocket and started to type out a message.

Where are you? Are you okay?

As soon as my pointing finger could press the send button I could hear the clacking of high heels right behind me. "Zak Ahmed." The principal says in a sturdy voice, I could feel her looking over my shoulder. I quickly turn my phone off.

She clears her throat "The bell for class ran 2 minutes ago, hurry up." 

I nod. "Okay Mrs Luni."

I quickly rushed to chemistry class, i kept my phone in my hands just incase Darryl would answer soon.

~~~

"Now if you have this green potion and you pour it into the punk potion what will happen?" Mr Maddie asks, he hovers over the students sitting at their desks. I looked around to see 1 persons hand up, Cara. She raised her hand up right in the air and kept wiggling in her chair. Who would be that desperate for a chemistry question?

"It's always the same people." He sighs.

His eyes flicker over to me.

"Zak, what will happen?" He asks, staring dead in my pupils. To be honest I don't know, I wasn't listening.

"An elephant will pop out of it?" I guess. I was being serious.

Everyone started to laugh, they thought I was joking. He raises and eyebrow. "Zak Ahmed. This is not the perfect time to make jokes."

"I'm sorry." I reply. I was lying, why should I say sorry?

The bell then rings.

"CLASS DISMISSED."

~~~

"Are you alright?" Lya taps on the cafeteria table, i turn off my phone.

"Yeah I'm alright, I'm just expecting a message or a call from someone." I say. "Who?" She asks "Darryl."

"Ooohh" she smirks, "Shut up!" I giggle. Flapping her hand away from me; "Is there something you haven't told me?" She smirks once again. "No! I promise okay?" I held out my pinky, we then lock pinky's together. I pull away when I noticed my phone vibrated.

D : Sorry, I just arrived at school.

"He just arrived at school." I say.

"What? But school ends in 2 hours!" she exclaims. "Exactly!" I agreed with her, I quickly type out my reply.

YOU : But why so late?

D : It's nothing, I'll see you later k?

YOU : Okay.. byeee!

I then shut off my phone.

"So what were u talking about?" I questioned Lya.

~~~

I walked out the doors of school with Darryl.

"FRESH AIR!!" I giggle. I spin around in circles until I got dizzy, I expected Darryl to laugh back but instead I received an awkward chuckle, "Hheh.."