Chapter 15

Bonnie

I took a deep breath and slowly let it out as I lay in bed. It was now morning and I knew I had to go get some clothed from my place if I was going to stay here another night.

"What are you thinking about?"

"I don't wanna go back to my place."

"So stay here." I looked up at him.

"I have to go get some clothes."

"Okay."

"You coming with me?"

"Bonnie..."

"I'm your nurse remember?" I said as I sat up. "Let's go. We need to get some air anyway."

"Now all of a sudden you're hyper." He said with a sigh.

"Once you make the first move it'll become easier and easier. Come on."

Eddy

I watched as she locked my wheelchair and went to make coffee. Twenty minutes later we were going out the door. She patiently waited while I slid into the passenger seat then put my wheelchair in the truck. Something told me that this woman was going to make my life a hell of a lot easier and better.

Once we were in we took off. "Are you going to trade this car in?" She asked.

"Why would I?"

"It has bullet holes in it."

"Right. Forgot about that. I'm in no rush. Eventually I will."

"There you go with Eventually. I'm starting not to like that woman."

"Don't make me laugh." I said as I forced myself not to. She was smiling at me once I looked up at her. I didn't know what that look meant but I felt good about it. I heard as she took a deep breath once we parked in her driveway. "You're good with going in there right?"

"Yeah." She said forcing a smile. She went and grabbed my wheelchair and snapped it open for me. She was a pro at this.

"Answer me this. How am I supposed to make it up those stairs?"

"My garage homie. I already thought that part through." I shook my head as we walked into the garage and through the door. It was only one step we had to tackle. We silently made our way into the hall where everything happened and it was cleaned spotless. "Who cleaned up the mess?" She asked.

"I have no idea." I said just as surprised as her.

"Whoever it was I'm grateful." I heard as she took a deep breath. I knew if she seen the mess it would probably trigger her. Whoever it was I was glad they cleaned it also. Something told me that it was Brandy though. Who else would have done it? I waited as she packed a bag of clothes and the rest of the food she had in her refrigerator. No need for that to go to waste either. She had said and she tossed things into a bag. Two big bags later we were off.

"So tell me. Since you are staying with me now are you keeping this house?"

"I'm staying for a few months. I still have time to think about it. By the time I have to renew my least then I'll let you know."