Chapter 1 : 3rd Anniversary

(Pete)

"Happy anniversary, babe." i woke up early to cook his favorite meal, grilled chicken with honey. So i can wake him up on our 3rd year anniversary with breakfast in bed, which he can never do that because i'm very strict about house rules.

"Hmmm smell so good. Thank you, baby. Happy anniversary!" he kissed my forehead and hug me tight whilst snuggled his head to my neck and sniffing my neck like he usually do.

"But, didn't it too heavy for breakfast?" he asked. "This is Thailand and we are Asian, stop acting like you still lived in London." Arm spent his 2nd year of college in London for his research. So last year we were on long distance relationship for 8 months and after he came back, a few times he still refuse to eat heavy food for breakfast and only want to have eggs and bread which not enough for a guy from Southern Thai like me. 

"Let's eat." 

Then, we finish all the food and while i washing the dishes, Arm hugged me from behind and kisses my neck. I know for sure what this is heading.

"Babe, i know today is our anniversary, but we have to hurry. You have an important meeting with alumni about your internship, right? Also i have a really crutial class this morning. I can't come late again, i already late 3 times on that class." I said that without looking at him and still washing all the dirty utensil.

"Oh God, i totally forget about that. Okay i take a shower, then. You can join after finish that." he run to grab his towel and close the door loudly. "Hey!!" i shouted and he re-open the door and close them again gently. We always did that if he (mostly) bang the door loudly.

---------

"Have a great day, babe. I'll pick you at 7, okay?" Arm drop me off in front of my faculty building and he sped up after waving his hand at me and gave me a kiss sign with his red lips.

"Happy anniversary, lovebird!" Jin startled me, he came from nowhere and suddenly he stading next to me hand in hand with his boyfriend, Zee.

"You remember my anniversary? What a great friend, Jin." i said, "Really? You were not stop talking about this Wednesday is your 3rd year anniversary. Of course i remember." Jin talks really fast when he's irritated. "Slow down, love. It's 9 in the morning and you really have this much energy?" his boyfriend intefere and Jin immidiately give him the death stare. Let me tell you, if your partner is on fire, don't ever try to shut them down.

"Let's go, we have to do the most unnecessary thing in the whole world. Study." Jin pull my arm and walk with me to class.

Class is over since 6 PM and now i sit on the coffee shop in front of the campus, waiting for Arm to come pick me up at 7. And now 7.15 and he still hasn't come. My text was left on read when i asked about tonight. Maybe he's on the way.

8.27

I try to call him for the 19th time, he still not answering. My heart was pounding so fast. I'm afraid something bad happens to him.

But then he calls me back

<Pete, i think i'm gonna come home late today.>

"Why? What happened? I text you since 6 and you left me on read. I called you multiple times and you were not even answered. Don't you realize how afraid i am?" i'm a little upset because he sounds like nothing happened and just saying that without saying sorry first.

<My phone is on silent mode because of the meeting. After i met the alumni, he asked me to meet the CEO right away. So we had lunch together and now i'm at the CEO's restaurant. We drank a little and he seems really drunk and wouldn't stop talking. I don't have an opportunity to check my phone. Do you believe that how a man can get drunk at 8PM?>  Arm explained things and i still upset with him.