CHAPTER 13 (M)

Winter arrives at the dinner that Soobin held. She has no idea what's this all about but she came anyway.

Sits at an empty table, she notices guests are still coming. She thought that it's just his guests. Then, one of them is Karina. Soobin approaches her, holds her hand, and leads her to another seat.

"the fuck?" Winter curses to herself.

"you're here too?" Giselle taps her shoulder.

Winter looks up to see her friend sitting beside her. doesn't say anything to her.

"how's your trip?"

"what trip?" Winter raised an eyebrow.

"they said that you're just back from Huston. Karina's with her parents while you're away." Giselle explained. Winter just scoffs it out.

"was that it? That's what they told you? you know I'm too lazy for that. I can just send anyone." Winter smiles to herself.

"I thought it was important enough for you to go. So, that's not it?" Giselle then gasps a little. "have you... done it?"

"what? No! the fuck are you talking about? I can't just run away."

"then face it! You're taking too much time, geez." Giselle sighs in frustration.

They then hears Soobin starting a speech to greet the guests. Winter doesn't really care about that. right now, she needs to find a way to talk to Karina.

-

The formal dinner then turns into a more casual party. Winter excused herself from her circle and look for Karina.

"hey! Nice to see you Winter!" Soobin appears in front of her. "how's your trip?"

"it was... it's great. Excuse me." Winter tries to walk past him.

"you're looking for Karina, right? She's there." Soobin leads her towards her wife.

There she is, chatting with other guests with a glass of wine in her hand.

"hi! You didn't tell me you're back." Karina stands up and gives her a short hug.

"I did tell you." Winter plays along.

"maybe she's too busy working, right? I've been helping her with sorts of stuff." Soobin winks, earning giggles from the other guests.

"oh yeah? Must be great." Winter smiles sarcastically. "can you come with me for a sec?" Winter grabs her hand and drags her somewhere more private.

"what?" Karina leans back to the wall of this not so crowded hall.

"what the fuck you think you're doing?! You're just gonna make a deal with him and not tell me beforehand?" Winter raised her voice. "you think I didn't see how you guys act?"

"why do you care? It's still my company, Winter. I don't need to tell you every single thing." Karina uninterestingly said.

"you're still my wife. If you still care about those people think, then you better act like you are." Winter do care about her image.

"you care about that, now? what a surprise." Karina lowers her head, scoffing. "I'm over it, Winter. I can't deal with you anymore. I don't want to spend the rest of my life with a cheater like you."

"what are you with him, then? holding hands, kissing on the cheek, hugging him." Winter keeps making excuses.

"we're business partners, Winter. I don't fuck with him like you would probably do with yours." Karina looks at Winter. "I'll consider our divorce."