CHAPTER 23

Winter was peacefully sleeping before Karina wakes her up. Winter vaguely hears Karina screams in pain, hitting her rapidly.

"oh shit!" Winter stands up, not caring about what she wears.

Winter picks her up bridal style, careful walking down the stairs. She calls for their maids to help her. once she's able to put Karina into the car, she drives off to the hospital.

Arrived at the hospital, Winter calls for anyone to help her. then, some nurse rushes to them, already with a bed for Karina. They then takes her to the delivery room. Winter follows, holding her hand.

Winter is too focused on Karina, can't hear what the medical team are saying. Sounds like they ask her to control her breathing and be calm or something.

"I'm here, baby. Stay with me." Winter gets anxious after she reads that there's a chance that the mother might not make it during labor.

Winter stays for hours in that room, waiting until the delivery really starts.

"okay. You can ask the partner to wait outside." The doctor said.

"it's okay, Winter. I'll be okay." Karina said to her, panting.

Winter refuses to let go of her hand.

"I'm sorry ma'am, you can't stay in the room." one of the nurses said. A doctor and nurses starts to get busy. they both make an eye contact before they gets separated.

Winter sits down on the seat in front of the room. she waits nervously, peeking inside the room once in a while. She can't bear to see Karina screams in pain during the delivery. It feels like hours for her to just sit and wait there.

"Mrs. Kim?" a nurse finally comes out. they hold a wrapped baby in their arms.

Winter stands up, getting excited.

"congratulation! It's a boy." The nurse gives the baby to Winter.

"whoa..." Winter carefully holds the baby.

The nurse leads her back inside the room. Winter sees Karina unconscious on the bed.

"is she okay?!" Winter gives back the baby to the nurse in panic. "babe. Wake up."

"she's fine. For the first time, this must be exhausting. You don't have to worry. we'll transfer her to another room." a doctor speaks up.

"oh thank god." Winter sighs. She then kisses Karina's sweaty forehead and caresses it. "I'll take care of the payment right away."

-

After a few days, Winter stays at the hospital accompanying Karina. She's currently feeding the baby.

"she looks like me." Winter stares at the sleeping baby.

"of course, she looks like you." Karina giggles.

Winter then sits on the chair beside her.

"we haven't named him yet." Winter looks at Karina.

"you wanna name him?" Karina smiles at her.

"it's okay you can name him." Winter said, caressing the baby's head.

"hm..." Karina looks at them both. "Lucky. That's what I wanna call him."

"that sounds like a dog name." Winter scratched her head. "but I like it."

"of course we won't be naming him only that. he'll be Jooyeon 'Lucky' Kim." Karina adds.

"ah.. so like Dwayne 'the rock' Johnson? That's cool." Winter smiles at them then looks at Lucky. "hey little guy. I'm your mom. We named you Lucky because we're really lucky to have you." she caresses his little head.

"said someone who didn't want it." Karina mocks her.

"hey... I was overwhelmed. I will cherish him from now on."