• Aesthete •

"I said too much, it overflowed..

"Why do I always spill?"

Sunday, January 2nd, 2022

I arrived school about three hours ago, I had a philosophy and a history class so I didn't get the chance to encounter any of my friends.

Hopefully, I hadn't encounter Liam as well. And I wish I never do, in that matter.

Heading to the Cafeteria for lunch, I found Emma waving at me to sit with them as she grinned. Although, Mia's expression was not quite pleasing.

Olivia was not bothering as she was fixing her make-up with a small mirror.

I brought my favorite lunch and went to sit with them on the table.

"What's up?" I said, awkwardly placing my lunch.

Olivia stared at me with pity as she placed down her mirror. "Oh my god, Evelyn. Are you okay?"

"Yes, why?" I asked, knowing exactly why, but not bothering to focus on it.

Mia stood up, glaring at me. Then she headed to the bathroom without saying a word, as we all eyed her confusedly.

"About the break up!" Olivia pouted, "I'm sure it's been rough for you."

"Oh, no." I said, taking a bite of my sandwich as I looked away. "Actually, It's fine."

Emma and Olivia glanced at each other, silently. Then looked back at me.

They were probably confused of how unbotherd I was by the break up.

But as a matter of fact, I was horribly aching, just not because of me ditching him. It was because of the painful scars I had, but couldn't been able to show.

"Are you sure?" Emma questioned. "You and Liam were like the flawless couple."

I chuckled, chewing on my food. "To you, yeah we were. But it actually isn't the truth." I scoffed, then stopped eating as I leaned closer to them and whispered. "We were terrifyingly horrible."

Olivia and Emma stared at me with a curled lip, as though they were concerned about my mental state.

And they should have been.

"How much horrible?" Mia harshly asked, folding her arms at me. Olivia and Emma flinched at her sudden action, but I was too stunned to figure how suspicious Mia was acting that day.