• Nadeleine •

"Are we too young for this?..

...feels like I can't move."

His mother is alive

His mother is alive. And I had no idea about it. Neither did he, I assumed.

Or maybe he knew from the very beginning and he just couldn't tell me.

Maybe he wanted to keep it a secret.

Or maybe his mother was also dangerous. Just like every other person I met since I first knew him.

His secrets never ended, and my trust for him became near the edge every damn day.

I've always wondered, when would it be the time to finally analyze every detailed mystery in his life?

When would he be able to let me in without the fear of me misleading or misjudging the way he just is?

I've always wondered.

Until I realized it was hard to unlock the door that kept me away from him, it was hard to shatter the wall that caused a huge gab between us.

Because no matter how hard I tried to, I'd end up getting filled with secrets I never thought were hidden.

Until it was too late to accept.

...

Waiting at the coffee shop, I took a glance at my phone's clock. It was getting late and that woman who claimed to be Mikhail's mother still hadn't came yet.

As I was eating my cheesecake, I smelled cigarette's smoke floating in the air, forcing me to cough disgustingly.

"Was I too late, dear?" I heard a woman say as she inhaled the cigarette between her fingers.

Looking at her, I realized she was the blonde lady I met back then in the gallery room at Rafael's party. The first party I went to with Mikhail.

When we were fake dating.

I didn't lie when I assumed how worse that situation could get. She indeed knew what she was doing.

She targeted me to easily be able to reach for Mikhail.

Quite the good move.

"You!" I sprang up from my chair, pointing my finger at her with surprise.

"Oh, come on! We both know we saw that coming." she took off her sunglasses as she rolled her eyes and sat on the chair opposite me. "Don't be dramatic, honey."

Not gonna lie, she actually was right. How could I not notice the quite similar russian accent they both shared?!

How could I not realize how bad of a mother she would have been like? Stupid me.