06|I'm not a people person

"When you said your house was ten minutes away, I expected that by now we'd be there. We've been driving for fifteen minutes now," Cadee frowned.

Max tilted his head slightly to look at her before the right side of his lips lifted in a barely there smile. "technically we're already on my property. Plus I'm used to speeding so it usually takes exactly ten minutes," he said.

"So why are you not speeding?"

"Because I'm carrying precious cargo."

She gave him a look that he didn't see because he was focused on the road.

"Don't worry, we're almost there." A few seconds passed in silence before she saw the huge gate ahead of them. He slowed down as a security officer waved at them, then lowered the windows so the man could see him. The man nodded at Max before turning to wave a white flag at someone inside the small security office. The gates slowly opened and they drove down a tarred driveway.

"That's some security," she muttered, turning to watch the gates close shut. She was panicking a little. She probably should have thought longer before following him home. He was technically still a stranger. The only thing keeping her from completely freaking out was the fact that she had shared her live location with Bianca and instructed her to call in a few hours.

"I'm not a people person," he said as he drove past a fountain and got closer to the house. He pressed a button in the car and the garage doors lifted. "The security guys have to check that only people I approve of can get into the compound. Even Manuel and my dad has to call each time before they can be let in."

"Who's Manuel?"

"My twin. The one that wanted to get the roses," he replied, finally bringing the car to a stop. He turned to look at her, staring into her eyes. Her stomach dipped and she forced her eyes to look away.

"I'm still in awe that there are two of you. Your mother must have had it pretty rough." She watched his jaw tighten before he pushed open his door and stepped out. He made it around and was pulling her door open before she even had her seat belt off.

"So I know we didn't actually talk about this but, what are we doing?" she asked. He retrieved the cake from the backseat before coming back to stand in front of her.

"We're going inside to have sex," he replied.

"I know that. But is it just sex?"

"Cadee, is that a bad thing?" He leaned forward and rested on the car, his hands on either side of her, caging her in. She sucked in a sharp breath and pulled away, her back pressing into the car. He was still too close.

"I don't want to feel like I'm being used," she said and he frowned.

"Technically, we'll be using each other. What exactly is the problem? Do you want this to be a relationship?"

"Not exactly. Relationships are not exactly my thing, but I don't think I'm okay with casual sex."

"We probably should have talked about this before I brought you here," he sighed. "I've only ever had casual sex so I don't know how this is supposed to go."

"I just want us to be more than strangers who hook up once in a while. It doesn't have to be serious, but we should try being friends."

"Does that mean I still get to fuck you?" he asked, breathing in the smell of faint flowers and mint.

"Yes, we'll still have sex. But we also have to spend time together when we are not having sex," she almost whimpered. Max's breath was fanning against her heated skin and spreading tiny goosebumps on it.