16|I'd like to meet your family

"What are you doing tonight?" Max asked over breakfast. After they'd laughed their heads off, the both of them had settled down long enough for Max to fix a simple meal of eggs and toast.

Cadee swallowed a mouthful of eggs before she said, "I don't think I'd get to the shop today. I don't have any new shipment coming in today so I think I will stay home and just chill. Why are you asking?"

"I want to invite you to a charity event this evening. Its by seven."

"As your date?" Her fork paused in the air as she waited for him to say something.

"What would you like to go as?" He smiled. "It would be a great way to spend time together."

"I don't think I have any formal wear," she frowned, then sipped from her glass of orange juice. She sat back in her chair, done with breakfast. Max picked up the empty plates and took them to the sink. "Let me clean that up. You cooked."

He smiled before stepping away to let her do the dishes. "Forgive me if I am being too forward, but I did a little bit of shopping. You can see if you like any of them."

Cadee turned around quickly, her wet fingers spraying water on his t-shirt. He wiped away the drops of water and watched her. He hoped she wouldn't get mad at him, he had been talking to Trin about bringing a date when she'd suggested getting clothes. Somehow he'd been roped into coming along and ended up with three dresses.

"You bought me clothes?"

"Technically my sister-in-law did. She's engaged to Manuel." He couldn't read her expression. "Are you mad?"

"I'm not. It was just surprising."

"Do you want to see them?" he asked and she nodded. "once you're done, we can go check them."

"So what's the event for?"

"It's a fundraiser my dad's company host every year. This time, it's for people suffering from cancer."

"So your family will be there?" Her back was to him so he didn't know how she'd react. Would she change her mind about going if she knew she'd meet his family? Was it becoming too serious? Should he take his words back? He had never been nervous or worried about what any woman thought before. Cadee had him second guessing his actions. He pushed his hair away from his face, at a loss on what to do.

"Yeah. My dad, his wife, Manuel and Trin." He moved closer and held her waist as she dried her hands with a paper towel. "Is that okay? You've met Manuel before."

She turned in his arms and grinned. "I'd like to meet your family."

"Why do you sound excited?"

"I don't know. It just feels good that you'd invite me for something this important."

He placed a kiss on her smiling lips. "Really? What else can I do to make you this happy?"

She tapped her lips, "you can kiss me again." He did and she touched her neck. "Here too." Max kissed there, opening his mouth to suck on where her pulse was beating. She inhaled sharply and pushed her hands into his hair to press him firmly against her. Max let out a low growl before raining kisses down her throat and stopping where his shirt covered her.

"What about here?" He placed a kiss in the center of her chest.

"Take it off," she moaned. Max held the ends of the shirt and pulled it up. She lifted her arms so he could remove it. The shirt landed on the floor beside them as Max began to drop small, heated kisses on her body.

🌺🌸🌺

"You look great," Max said, his eyes not straying far from her exposed legs. The three dresses had been amazing, but they all threatened his sanity. The first one was giving too much cleavage and the other reminded him too much of the dress she'd worn last night. He wasn't a jealous person, but imagining other men seeing her like that just set him off.