32|Let go love

The following chapter will contain mature themes intended for an 18+ audience.

🤍🤍🤍

***

The car ride was silent and Max could swear that he felt waves of hot anger pouring from his girlfriend and washing over him. The silence was heavy and filled with tension. He didn't know what to say to her. He also couldn't risk another fight in the car with Drey, so he kept quiet and waited.

After bidding good evening to his driver, he pushed the front door open. Cadee walked past him and headed to the small bar while he tugged on his tie and shrugged off his jacket. She reached for a shot glass and pulled out the first bottle her hand could reach.

"Let's talk first," he said as he tugged the bottle from her hand.

Cadee shot him a scathing look and if he was a man to be easily intimidated, Max would have shriveled up. "Let. Go," she said slowly and through gritted teeth.

"Let me pour you wine, darling. You haven't had dinner yet so whiskey isn't really a good choice."

"I don't want wine. I want this bottle you're holding on to."

Max reached for a bottle of red wine and poured into a glass for her. She stared at the glass as if none of what he was doing made sense.

Turning away, she grabbed another bottle and was halfway through opening it before Max snatched it. "stop it. If you touch this bottle one more time, I'll-"

"You'll what?" he interrupted. "threatening me will get you nowhere. How about we have an actual conversation like normal people."

"Who are you to tell me what to drink?"

"I'm your boyfriend. I also care a lot about your health." He returned the bottles and pushed her wine glass closer to her.

"What's with you and your family thinking they can control everything about me?" she yelled.

"Keep your voice down," he snapped, very close to loosing his cool. He didn't like fighting. He especially hated it when she was fighting him on something they could easily talk about.

"And if I don't?" She eyed him, her voice going up an octave.

He ignored that question because he was pretty sure she knew what exactly he would do. "You met with Lucy. What did you guys talk about?"

"Since you know I met her, I'm sure you already know what we discussed."

"I can't force you to talk, Cadence." He shook his head then continued, "scratch that, I can. However, I won't. I'm going inside to grab a quick shower and then go to bed." He grabbed his discarded clothing and headed out.

"Where are you going? We're not done with this conversation," she yelled, rushing out after him.

"Yes we are. When you are much calmer, we can address this."

"No!" she yelled, her sneakers tapping on the tiles as she followed him up the flight of stairs that led to their shared bedroom. Max ignored her and continued to walk. She pulled on his arm, halting him. "If we don't talk about it now, then forget it. I don't want to bring it up any other time."

"I can't discuss anything with you while you're yelling at me. I'm tired and I don't want to do something you'll regret." He tried to move, but she maintained her grip on his forearm. "Let go baby. If you keep this up, I'll have you over the rails."

She blinked at him but didn't let go, testing and pushing him.

"Let go love. You don't want to see what will happen." Max silently counted to ten and when she still squeezed his arm with that blazing look in her eyes, he exhaled. Before she could blink, he spun her around, pressing his hand into her waist and bending her over. "Now's your last chance to run, darling. Once I start, I'm not stopping till I'm done."