12|What's your favorite color?

Max:

Dinner tonight? My place.
Sent 6:15pm.

Cadee:

Won't be there in time for dinner. How about dessert?
Sent 6:30pm.

Max:

Only if you're on the menu.
Sent 6:31pm.

Cadee:

What's your favorite color?
Sent 6:31pm.

Max:

Sometimes red. Other times it's blue. Why you asking?
Sent 6:40pm.

Cadee:

Almost thought you wouldn't reply. Busy?
Sent 6:40pm.

Max:

Not anymore. Why did you ask about my favorite color? Also what time would you get off work?
Sent 6:42pm.

Cadee:

Well, you'll see. I think 9-ish. Also I can't remember how to get to your place. Please text your address or share your live location.
Sent 6:50pm

Max:

Send your address. My driver will pick you up. I don't want you alone on the lonely roads that late.
Sent 6:51pm

Cadee stared at the string of messages they'd been exchanging and forced her face to straighten. Somehow, she'd gone from maybe liking him a little to something more serious in the space of a week. The funny, yet annoying part was that she hadn't seen him in exactly ten days, the last being at her shop during that embarrassing discussion. She missed him much more than she should for someone she was barely getting to know. Her heart skipped a beat each time her phone pinged or lightened up, and her face broke out into shy smiles when she saw his name in her notification box.

"Its him, right?" Shannon asked, causing Cadee to look up from her phone and blush. Shannon was a new hire and she usually ran the night shift with Daryl running mornings.

"What do you mean him?" she eyed the younger woman.

"Him! The one you keep texting and the man making you blush each time you pick up your phone."

"Well, how do you know it's the same man? I could be texting a lot of people." She looked at Shannon who shot her a look before going to spray the potted plants near the front wall of windows.

"Probably. I just know it's the same man that sent you a bouquet of red roses. At first I was confused, like what man sends a florist flowers. Then I thought about it and boy did it sweep me up my feet," Shannon sighed dreamily, hugging the spray bottle. "Every other man would assume you're sick of flowers and send something else. But he still sent flowers to you." The two women turned to look at said flower that was set in a clear vase on her desk. Cadee had left the doors open so she could admire the flowers from all corners of the shop.

"He's the first man to send me flowers," Cadee whispered, rubbing at her chest.

"Like ever?"