Chapter 10 part 1

When I awoke next, I was laying on a couch of Elliots upstairs. My mouth felt like cotton and my head felt fuzzy. I heard voices floating up from downstairs, so with a groan, I swung my legs off of the couch and made my way towards the family members huddled around a TV.

"Authorities are asking for help identifying several persons of interest at Dealey Plaza at the time of the assassination. The FBI believes they may have been acting in concert with the alleged shooter, Lee Harvey Oswald"

I rolled my eyes and leaned against the railing, watching the TV.

"Vanya Hargreeves, wanted in connection with the deaths of several FBI agents inside the federal building at Dealey Plaza. A Cuban exile only known as Diego..."

"Cuban?" Diego and I muttered at the same time, sharing a glance with each other.

"A bare-knuckle boxer with suspected mafia ties who fights under the alias 'King Kong', Allison Chestnut, a negro radical responsible for instigating and organizing the recent riots at Stadtler's lunch counter" I rolled my eyes at that "And finally Klaus, the controversial cult leader and known tax evader" I snorted and moved past Five to sit on the steps in front of him. "The FBI is asking the public to be on the lookout for this unidentified boy and girl, who they believe are being held hostage by the suspected terrorist network..." I started laughing, startling the rest of the family members away from the TV.

"Well, it's true. I do feel like i'm being held hostage most days" Five spoke up from behind me, putting his hand on my shoulder and squeezing. I wasn't sure what happened after Five threatened to murder me, but If he's anything like me, he's shit at talking about his feelings. I reached up and squeezed his hand, turning my head back to the family that was arguing about running and going into hiding, or fighting to the death.

"Hiding isn't going to do anything, the commission will come after us no matter where we go" I said with a shrug. Diego pointed the end of his knife at me, which made me a little anxious, so I scooted closer to the wall.

"She's right, they'll never stop" Diego agreed as Five and I turned to him with shock apparent on our faces.

"...I'm sorry, when did you become an expert on the commission?" I sassed, folding my arms in front of me.

"Since I got back from there?" Diego stated it, like he was telling us the sky was blue and Five and I were idiots.

"What?" Five spoke up, obviously still just as floored as I was. "Yeah, and Five and I got married" I snorted and looked at the faces of the siblings watching us intensely. I held up my hands "it was just a joke" I muttered.

"Yeah, they headhunted me, offered me a job. Full time with benefits" He stressed the benefits part "Which I had to turn down." He folded his arms and glared at Five and me, obviously not happy with our skepticism.

"They headhunted you.. The village idiot?" I listened to them bickering and rubbed the back of my head, which was slightly sore. What the hell had happened on the grassy knoll?

"I figured it out on the infinite switchboard!" Diego exclaimed, I opened my eyes again and raised an eyebrow at him.

"You were on the infinite switchboard?"

"Hell yeah! I made that machine my BITCH" I rolled my eyes and looked up at Five who was slightly leaning over me. "Y'all need to recognize I got shit going on yall don't even know about" Diego finished with a huff. I just stared at him, before clicking my tongue and shaking my head.

I watched as Vanya reached the bottom of the stairs opposite of us. "I'm leaving" She spoke up with conviction. I was about ready to jump and follow her when Five squeezed my shoulder, putting my weight back on the floor.