Chapter 1

Toby's POV

I woke up to Panic! At The Disco blasting from my phone. I rolled over and hit the "off" button on my alarm. I did not want to start another day. To be honest, I wanted to roll back over and sleep till noon, but Donna would come up here and wake me. Donna and Michael are the family that adopted me when I was 8. They have an older daughter as well, Chelsea, who is in college. Chelsea wasn't so happy when I had moved in,but Donna promised a 5 foot tall Barbie Dream house if she complied. 

"Toby?" Donna called from downstairs. "Are you up?"

"Yes!" I shouted into my dark room. I swung my feet over the edge of my bed, my feet hitting the cold floor. I hated it when it was cold, but I refused to sleep with socks on. I made my way to my bathroom. The makeup from yesterday was stained around my eyes. I washed my face with makeup remover and then brushed my teeth. I looked semi-human now. I then walked into my closet and picked out a pair of black skinny jeans and a black, blue, and purple tied-dye shirt. 

"Toby, are you taking a shower?" Micheal asked as he tapped on my door.

"No, you can." I said as I walked out of the closet and sat on my vanity stool. 

"I remember when Chelsea was your age." He continued. I hated hearing about Chelsea. "Perfect" Chelsea. 

"That was only a few years ago." I said as I pulled my hair out of its bun. My half blonde-half lavender waves fell onto my shoulders. Chelsea was in her 2nd year of college. I was a junior in high school. 

"I know, I know. You remind me a lot of her." He said with memories flashing through his head. 

"Well, I have to get ready." I said turning to him. I was desperate to make the conversation stop. 

"Oh, yes. Of course. Carry on." He said walking down the hallway to his room. I rolled my eyes and picked up my curling wand and started curling. Once that was done I made a thin line of black eyeliner on each eye. I took some concealer under my eyes to hide how tired I was, even though the concealer didn't do much justice. And then for an extra pick me up I put on a pink lip gloss. I grabbed my black Converses and was downstairs. 

"Are you taking the bus?" Donna asked me as she typed away at the computer. She worked from home as a party planner. Although, I think she was doing something for Chelsea's modeling career. 

"No," I said lacing up my left shoe. "I was going to take a spaceship there." Donna looked at me with a warning glance. 

"I told you to make some friends to take you." 

"Why? All the girls at my school are like Chelsea." 

"So, you're just going to wait to get your own car?"

"Yes, because there is no way I'm driving Chelsea's old car." I said standing up and grabbing my bag. 

"The car perfectly fine." she said looking down at the computer

"It's perfectly Chelsea." I said raising my voice pitch up an octave. Donna rolled her eyes as I walked to the door. As I opened it, the devil herself walked in. 

"Oh, hello, Toby. Moooommmm." She called into the foyer. 

"In here, dear." Donna called. 

"Oh, good." And Chelsea clicked away on her Chanel heels." I rolled my eyes at her prissiness.  

==================================================================

Hi! So thanks for reading the first chapter of Butterfly Wings. Right now it doesn't make sense, but trust me you will love it. I love to write and have a lot of finished stories. I just found this site and decided to put some up here. I did have one up here, but I took it down. If you would like to read any of my other finished stories, just ask. I would also love some feedback. Any questions? So, yeah. Hope you love this story! 

-JMAC