Chapter 52

Toby's POV

It was finally prom night. I was wearing the dress while Chelsea curled my hair. She was going to pin it up in this vintage french twist thing.

"You look beautiful." Marc said as he came into my room. He leaned over to kiss my cheek.

"Thanks Marc." I smiled.  I looked at my reflection in the mirror. I had my makeup done and I can honestly say I liked what I saw. 

"Here." he said as he handed me a plastic box. Inside was a corsage. I gasped.

"Oh, you didn't have to." I said as I looked at the pretty flower. It was a pale pink rose.

"We wanted to since Ethan couldn't." Chelsea said as she smiled and I could see her in the mirror. "Done." she said as she quickly whipped my hair up into a twist and pinned it. I got up and hugged her. 

"Thank you so much." I whispered. She hugged me back and squeezed.

"You're my sister and I love you." she said as she pulled me back to look at me. "It's to make up for being such a bitch most of your life." she  kissed my forehead.

"I love you." I said as I started to tear. 

"Oh, don't cry. You'll mess up your makeup." She said as she wiped the tear from my eye. "And you'll make me cry and you don't want a pregnant lady to start crying." She laughed and so did I . 

"Trust me, you don't." Marc said as he walked behind his wife and put a hand on her bulging stomach. 

"When is he due?" I asked.

"Soon." Marc smiled. 

"Well, if we are going to get you to the hospital to see Ethan, we have to get you there now." Chelsea said as she wobbled out of the room. Marc and I laughed as we followed her. I went down the steps and Chelsea was there to take my picture. 

"No Donna?" I asked.

"She's in the dinning room drinking wine." Chelsea smirked. 

"Yeah, no Donna." I laughed as I went down the rest of the steps. I opened the front door and there was Abby.

"Mom?" I asked. She jumped.

"Oh Tabitha you look stunning." she said as she took my hands.

"What happened? Is Derek ok? Ethan?" I asked assuming she was there to give me bad news. 

"What? No. No." She shook her head. "Donna? She asked me to come here to see you all dolled up." I was stunned. Donna? Donna asked her to come here? 

"Well, you're here." I smiled.

"Yeah. And my God, you look beautiful." She started to tear and that made me want to. "I'm sorry I was never there to see you grow up." she smiled.

"That's ok. They raised me well." I smiled. She laughed. 

"Well, I want to go see Ethan before prom starts." I said gathering my dress. We walked to Chelsea's car and Marc got in the drivers seat with Chelsea next to him and me in the back. I saw Donna come to the door and invite her in. 

We pulled up to the hospital and I quickly, but carefully got out. I walked in and headed to his room. I got to the door and I took a deep breath. I opened it and saw him laying there as usual. I held my breath and I walked to his bed side; hoping he was awake. I saw that some of the monitors were gone, but he still had a breathing tube in. 

I grabbed his hand and squeezed.

"Ethan, it's prom night. If you're going to wake up, now would be the time." I looked at his peaceful face. "If you wake up I promise you won't regret it. I look really hot right now." I laughed. I was trying to bribe my boyfriend to wake up out of his coma. "Remember to ask for me if you wake up." I kissed his still soft lips. I wished I could see his marbled eyes. 

I gathered the dress and clicked out of the room. He could still wake up; he just didn't now. 

*******

I was sitting at a table with Olivia and Jason. The lights were flashing and music playing. Camera flashes were occasionally going off. People were dancing too.

"You don't have to stay here with me." I said sitting up straight.

"No, we want to." Olivia said. "Plus we have a surprise for you and we want to be here when it gets here." she smiled.

"A surprise?" I asked

"Yeah." Jason said. "Speaking of which, where is that stoner?" he asked looking around. 

"Hey." said a voice behind me. I turned and saw Seth? 

"Seth?" I asked. He was all dressed up in a suit and tie with his hair comb back. "You are in a suit!"

"Yeah yeah." He rolled his eyes. "They asked me to be here with you since Ethan isn't. Of course I said yes. You're my favorite whore." he smiled.

"Seth!" I said jumping up and hugging him. I loved my gay best friend so much. 

"Nice to see you too." he hugged back. 

"And a stoner? Really Jas? I'm more of an alcoholic." 

"Whatever Seth." Jason laughed. He took Olivia's hand and took her to the dance floor. 

"So what do you want  to do?" Seth asked.

"Wanna dance?" 

"Sure." He smiled. 

"And not your partying dancing!" I teased. Seth sighed.

"Fine." He took my hand and we went to dance. It wasn't Ethan, but it was my best friend which was close. 

*****
I was leaning against the wall drinking a soda when Mr.Grey came up next to me.

"Hello Toby." He smiled.

"Hi." I nodded.

"You look wonderful." he complimented.

"I don't know if I should take that as you are my father or as my teacher." I laughed.

"Well, to keep my job, I would say your father." he laughed. And then it accured to me. Everyone that I loved had made this night as special as possible without Ethan. Ethan would have made it a night I would never forget, and all of these people made sure I didn't. So why couldn't I add to that? 

"Do you wanna have a, you know, a father daughter dance?" I asked putting the soda down. 

"R-really? With me?" Mr.Grey asked.

"Yeah. You are my dad." I said. 

"Yes." he said taking my hand and we started to dance. It was a father daughter dance that I never really had. Yeah, Mike has danced with me, but he was Chelsea's father. Mr.Grey was my father.

******

I was tired and all I wanted to do was get this dress off of me, but I wanted to see Ethan even more. I was walking into his room with my hair half falling out and makeup smeared. I walked into the room and Ethan was in the same position he was in earlier. I was getting tired of seeing him like this, but it meant he was still alive, so I'll take it. 

I slipped into the bed with him and laid my head on his chest. He still smelled like him and that put me right to sleep.

********

=====================================================================================

Toby had such a nice night! And now she's sleeping in Ethan's bed, how sweet. I wrote this while eating Ramen noodles. I really like them. We had a tornado last night! It was kind of cool; we don't get them where I live so it was cool to see. It wasn't anything really serious, but some tree fell and cars were flipped. My mom's car was hit by the basketball net we have so now there's a dent. And I have to take a test tomorrow for high school. Hope you liked this chapter! Check out my other books! ILYSM!

-JMAC xoxo