Chapter 32

Ethan's POV

I laid on Toby's floor. She had her head next to mine, her feet in the other direction. The light was off, but the curtains to the balcony were wide open. The light reflected off of the snow, making it brighter than it was. Turns out, Micheal had a CD player and let Toby use it to play "Not An Apology". She kept hitting previous so that Force of Nature played over and over.

"I guess you like this song?" I asked looking at her ceiling. Her eyes were closed as she mouthed the words.

"Like? You mean love?" she replied.

"Yeah."

"Well, then yes." and she continued to mouth the words.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because, it's like you and me."

"How?" I asked not understanding what she meant.

"Well, the third line is 'I get tongue tied in the conversation'. I stutter sometimes when I'm around you."

"Ok."

"'I try to tie my heart down, board up all the windows'. I didn't talk to anyone. And I ran away from you when we first met." she went on.

"Ok."

"And then when I locked you out of Little Treasure. 'Oh, but it's too late, I let you get to close'."

"Ok." I said again.

"And you're a 'force of nature' that broke down the walls I put up." she concluded.

"What even is a force of nature?"

"Like a thunderstorm or hurricane."

"Well, it says you're supposed to run. Why don't you?" I asked knowing I had her trapped.

"Maybe I like thunderstorms." she teased.

"I hate them. All of the loud noises. Nope, not for me."

"I dance in them. Donna yells that I'm going to get electrocuted."

"I used to climb into my mother's bed and hide under her covers." I said remembering my mother's warm bed. Toby laughed.

"I had to sleep with my mom since we only had one bed."

"Oh." I said feeling sorry for her, but I knew she wouldn't want my pity.

********

 Toby's POV

It was New Years eve. I was at Jason's with Ethan, Seth, and Olivia. Seth brought his boyfriend of the week with him.

"Sorry, no drinks." Jason said as he handed all of us a glass of sparkling cider.

"Jason, you can't ever hold a New Year's party again." Seth said as he sipped his glass. Seth was a big drinker on New Years.

"This is just fine, thank you." Seth's boyfriend, Quinn said. Seth rolled his eyes.

"Everyone have their midnight kisses?" Olivia asked changing the subject.

"Sure do." Ethan said as he swung his arm around me. I blushed.

"This will be Seth's and I's first kiss." Quinn said.

"With each other or in general?" Olivia asked.

"In general." Quinn said as he smiled at Seth. I knew Seth already had his first kiss, so I don't know why Quinn thought it was. Seth looked at me with pleading eyes. I sipped my drink, a sign to him that I understood.

"10, 9,8,7,6." The TV sang. I looked at Ethan as Jason slid next to Olivia.

"5, 4, 3, 2. 1!" And Ethan cupped my cheek with his soft hand and kissed me. "Sparkling cider." I thought.

"You all are so cute." Quinn gushed.

"So are you and Seth." I told him.

"And Seth is a really good kisser for his first time." Quinn went on. Seth smiled and then gulped the rest of his drink down. I sat on the floor and put my drink on the coffee table. Ethan asked Jason if he wanted to go out and play basketball. They went out with Quinn, too. Seth said he was sore from the other day.

"You are such a bad boyfriend." Olivia said as she drank the last of the cider in her cup.

"No, he is. I hate him, I only went out with him because he was cute. I thought he already had his firsts in." Seth hissed.

"Damn." I said.

"That's what I thought about Jason, but he didn't either." Olivia confessed.

"Well, we all know where I come from." I said

"Yeah, slut." Seth shot. I threw a pillow at him. He mocked being hurt.

"I'm still a virgin."

"Not for long." Olivia said.

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"C'mon. I've seen you and Ethan. He gets real close."

"He hasn't done anything of the sort."

"He's touched your butt." Seth said when he sat back up.

"So have you at drunken parties." I shot back.

"Yes, I was drunk, but Ethan is not."

"And like Jason hasn't touched your boob." I said to Olivia. "Maybe you will lose it before me."

"Deal."

"Wait what?"

"It's a deal. We'll see who loses it first."

"Ok. But no pushing it. If it happens it happens. Got it?"

"Yep." she stuck out her hand and I shook it. After I spat on mine first. She made a look of disgust when it hit her hand. I laughed.

********

==================================================================

Short chapter to keep things going. And if you think that this is a teen pregnancy story, you're wrong! Well, that's it. Hope you enjoyed, bye. ILYSM!

-JMAC