Chapter 9: waters of the deep shore

Blues Pov: I woke up early and yawned, wiping the bags from under my eyes. The sun shined through a window that sat by my small bed inside the tiny house I lived in. The break of dawn showed me to the galloping of horses carrying caragize and people walking by foot to their places of work. It was still early, but people liked to get a fresh start to the new days. I stood up on the orangish tiles that layered the floor and my plain metal bed frame matched with my boring white bed. I was never really a complicated person when It came to decoration. My armor sat on a stand and a large dresser sat close to my door. Photos stat on a nearby table of my and my brother. We sat smiling and happy as the sun set behind us in the photo. I walked over to the woredrobe and but on some soft, yet thin clothing that was a cyan blueish color before slowly putting on my armor. Once I'm done, I walk out of my room to the smell of smoke.

I swear...

I see carrot, my older brother; sitting on our sofa smoking a small cigar. He wears old black pants and a white shirt that reveals a little bit of his chest. He has a bright orange cloth that's wrapped around his waist, And hangs down by his leg.

He notices me and takes the cigar out of his mouth and smiles.

"Hey bro. I managed to get up early. Suprised? Hehehe" he asks before slowly putting the cigar back in his mouth with a tedious grin. I just roll my eyes.

"Arent you supost to be at the work booth? And I told you no smoking in the house! It all smells like smoke and ash now! And its bad for you!" I say angrily, putting my hands on my hips. He just smiles and responds with the cigar still in his mouth

"Awww. Come on bro. Cant a guy take brake from work every now and then? And I'm not smoking in the house. Its just your imagination." He says before laughing.

I just roll my eyes again and go over to the kitchen, grabbing a small apple before walking to the door and grabbing the rest of my suplies that sat next to the door in a small cubby.

Carrot gets up and goes over. Opening the door for me before sighing. "I guess I'll go to my work booth. Just for you bro." He says calmly. I just smile before he pats me on the back. "Thank you brother." I say, smiling up at him as he looms over me. We walk out and close the door behind us.

We look at eachother and I smile before waving goodbye. I walk down the street and as i depart, I hear him yell behind me.

"Be save bro! Say hi to the king for me!"

I cant help but smile to myself as I walk towards the large looming castle. I think about the party last night and recall all that happened.

I wonder..

I saw ink and error walk into another part of the castle after the party was over.. so did he stay at the castle the whole night.., Or did he leave..? And if so, what time..? I hope he has time to sleep and then prepare for tommorrow.. ink told me and the guards to check the entire town of shallen because-..

The storm...

I look up at the dark sky. Heavy clouds sat far above and the clouds only seemed to get darker the closer I looked torwards the sea shore.

And torwards shallen.

It wasnt supost to come until late tommorrow.. why was it here..? I felt my pace speed up as I walked torwards thr castle. I walked up to the large entrance and two guards sat on either side of the large metal bar gate. I just walked in as they noticed me and got out of the way. I pass a few more guards before walking through the large door and into the large throne room where ink sat talking to a worried looking frisk.

I kinda wish I decided to stay in the room I have here at the castle so that way I could have got here earlier, but it was still really early for them to be awake. What was going on..?