chapter 17: a broken heart holds secrets

⚠️WARNING. THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS SERIOUS AND CONCERNING SUBJECTS/ACTIONS. VEIWER DESCRESION IS ADVISED⚠️

Error pov: I felt myself wake up to the warmth of sunlight and the sounds of birds chirping outside from the balcony. The warmth of the sun's beams flashed down on my face and the warmed the top of the blankets that I was burried under. I was bundled into a little blanket burrito, still gripping onto the small doll of ink I had made. I felt around for ink but couldnt find him.

Where was he..?

I sit up calmly, yawning audible before gently wiping my tired, baggy eyes.

The sunlight blinded me when I opened my eyes, casting everything into a yellow glow. I hiss between my teeth as I covered my eyes from the suns bright beams.

I hear the sound of paper. Pages flipping between pages of a book and the crumbling of old letters.

Wait.. What WAS that noise..??

I look up to see ink-

NO-

I rush out of the bed and rush over to ink, who was standing In front of my desk, snatching the letter out of his hands and slammed it face down on the desk before looking at him angrily. Hes clearly shocked about my sudden aggression.

"WHAT ALL DID YOU READ!!??"

"err-"

"I ASKED YOU HOW MUCH YOU READ!!"

"calm down!!"

"ANSWER THE QUESTION!!!!!

HOW MUCH DID YOU F###### READ!?!?"

"I already read all of it error!!"

The whole world seems to stop.

My breath hitches as my lungs become heavy.
The light seems so dark as I look at his eyes.
My eyes begin to hurt as tears flood down my cheeks.

"I know everything error.." ink says as he walks by me, walking torwards the exit door.

The door...

The door..!?!?!

I realize and quickly run to grab him, quickly grasping his wrist and pulling him back. I couldnt tell how he was feeling. He looked angry, yet empathetic and in disbelief at the same time.

"No! Where are you going!?!?" I ask, yelling at him in a panic.

"To talk to dream. He needs to know what his brother is doing."

no-

"NO!" I scream, probably notifying the entire kingdom to be honest. I feel my eyes start to flood with terrified tears.

"Yes error. I wont let nightmare hurt you, nor blue. Dream can deal with him." He says, grabbing my hand that's grabbing his wrist, and tearing me away from him.

No. Hes not-

I feel fear and anger rise in me. Before he can make it to the door, I rush to my bed, grabbing the dagger on the bedside table and rush back over to him, he notices me, but by that point it's to late.

I shove him against the wall and put the dagger up to his throat, keeping it theor in a threatening manner.

I could tell he was fearful.

I wasnt afraid to kill him when it came to blue being in danger and me not being able to do anything about it, and he knew that.

He knew, that if he put blue on the line, then I would kill him in a heartbeat, no matter the regret I felt later for it.