Chapter 28: the search begins.

Inks pov: my eyes felt heavy and the sun burned me. The mud under my horses feet made it hard to travel. The rain had stopped, and by now it was already halfway through the day.

My men where exhausted, and I was as well.. the chirp of crickets and birds didnt help keep me awake. Their soothing songs made me want to collapse from exhaustion.

But I couldnt.

I wouldn't...

But yet..

I hesitate when thinking that..

My horse stumbles as she suddenly steps in a deep puddle of thick mud. I nearly fall off, but manage to catch myself.

"Your highness, it's not smart to go in this area. We need to go around the muddy areas, or go by foot. But most of the men are already exhausted..

I think its best we take a break.."

I think.

I loved error, with all my heart, But he was one person.. right now, I'm taking care of multiple people. People who are hungry and tired..

Error is use to being tired and hungry..

.......

"...your right... your right......! go rest.... we'll continue searching once we're awake.

Those who arent that tired, can go search for food. Those who are tired can rest. Make sure to tie up the horses to nearby trees so they dont run off. Get them food and water as well."

The soldier nods and goes off to tell the men.

I slowly slides down from my horse. I lead her to a nearby tree, and tieing her reins to it. I pet her and walk over to the tree next to the large animal.

I shake the mud off of my shoes and lean against the tree

I slowly slid my back down the tree trunk and looked up at the tree. Water droplets dripped into my face and I imagined my tears where simply dew drops that came from the leaves of the tree above.

I felt my soul ache.

I close my eyes as I thought of error.

Dew drops drip from my cheeks as exhaustion finally overcomes me, and I listen to the chirping of nearby birds as a sleeping lullaby.

Errors POV: I walked with a heavy limp as I struggled to breath. My fingertips and chest where glitching with static, and wouldnt stop. Everything ached and I felt like I could collapse at any moment. All I knew is that I needed to reach the end of the forest.

Ink would find me their.

He could help me..!

I could make it to the edge...

I could make it...

Could I...?

I had already crashed and broke out into pixels multiple times. My feet felt numb, yet aching at the same time. My fingers felt like they would fall off at any given moment. My soul felt as if it would split in a thousand different pieces.

I couldnt make it..-

I felt tears drip down my face as I realized that I would die out here.. I didnt know where the edge of the forest was.. and I had already been walking for close to a day..

I walked as i cried. Holding myself as my dagger was still held tightly in my grasp.

I fell to my knees and silently sobbed, covering my mouth with my free hand to muffle the sounds of crying.