Chapter 21: apples of anger

I woke up on something. It was warm yet unnatural. It felt like cotton and silk, hiding me close In a comforting manner..

What the-

Was it moving..?

Oh-

It wasnt something. It was someone..! I could feel the gentle thumps of a soul beating, and the slow back and forth pace of their breathing

I open my eyes to see I'm sitting on inks lap. He was sitting on a chair and talking to someone. ..We where still in my room..?

Why wasnt I in my bed..?

.....

Oh.. right..

I turn my blurry gaze torwards my bed. I notice nightmare laying on my bed, breathing heavily and sweating a lot. Hes out cold.

Ink notices me awake.

"Sweetheart, are you alright..?" He says caringly.

I think about the answer. I didnt feel back to normal like I normally do.. I still felt tingly, As if static still covered my body still. My soul felt heavy and hurt slightly. This wasnt normal..

But..

Ink already has enough on his plate. He doesnt need to worry about me over something that might not even be bad.

"I'm alright..." I say. Looking around the room.

Dream sat in the room, sitting on the edge of the bed, still crying slightly while looking at his near lifeless brother.

My expression turned to sorrow for him.

Ink must have noticed because he continued to speak.

"He hasnt woke up.. he'll gain consciousness every now and then, either to puke, or just pass out from exhaustion in a matter of seconds after he wakes up. But besides that hes been out cold the whole time.."

"I see.." I say. Looking at the ground. I look around the room again to realize that blue, killer, and chara are all gone.

"Where did the others go..?" I say once I notice their disappearance."

Inks voice suddenly turns softer at the thought of them.

"Killer isnt faking it to well, and chara is still in denial. We thought it best that they not be in here with nightmare. Blue went with them so that way they wherent alone. We where all pretty shaken up after what happened."

"..what exactly did happen..? I couldnt really see.."

"Well.. when we rushed in, he started screaming in a fit of anger. But suddenly he slowly stopped talking and..

Well..

He started to seem really tired.. he spit out some blood and that goo stuff from his mouth before his eyes rolled back into his head and he collapsed suddenly..

The way his face looked. He looked so scared.. it kinda looked straight out of a horror movie.."

"Ink this is a midevil book, tv isnt invented yet."

"Oh. Yeah.. my bad"

I just roll my eyes before looking over at the bed, where the prince lay unmoving.

I slowly stood up from inks lap. He seemed hesitant to let me go, but did nonetheless. I slowly walked over to the king.

His asleep body seemed so calm and nonthreatening. He didnt seem evil

He didnt seem harmful.

He didnt seem cruel.

It shook me to the core just how much this curse could affect someone. Once a small little innocent boy, turned to an attempted murderer, desperately trying to off the person he cared most about, his own brother.