chapter 13: an uneasy feeling

Error pov: I'm not sure why, but i couldn't sleep. I had fallen asleep, but i woke up, and it was still night. I tried to go back to sleep, but I couldnt.

I had a feeling something was wrong. I had to do something, but i didnt know what it was.

I just layed in the bed and looked out the large glass doors leading out into the balcony. The moon hadnt even reached the treeline. Meaning that sunrise wasnt any time soon..

Why did I feel so restless..?

I slowly sat up and just sat their. The cold dark room seemed ominous. The silence seemed to drown me.

I have to destract myself in some sort of way..

I scoot to the edge of the bed and I set my feet on the ground. A shiver went down my spine as my toes hit the soft carpet.

Everything was so new to me.. the comforting bed instead of an old hammock, the soft carpet instead of a destroyed cobble and tile floor, a roof over my head instead of the warm sun on my face in the morning. Busy mornings instead of the sound of waves and the morning breeze..

...

I miss home..

I havent even been here for a day, and yet I miss the old streets of shallen already. Its gonna take me forever to get use to this.

Whatever.

That's not important right now..

I slowly add pressure to my feet, seeing if I can stand on my own. Although I didnt feel at full strength, the sleep seemed to pay off.

I stood up slowly and looked around.

I'm not strong enough to climb up the ladder and into the hammock.. maybe I could..-

I look around to see if my satchel is anywhere to be seen. Crap.. I must have left it in the room with the fireplace and-

I look on my bedside table.

Their sat my satchel.

What is going on..?

I felt even more uneasy as I looked at the small bag. What is wrong with me..?

Maybe I can settle this feeling..?

I grab the satchel and walk over to the desk slowly. Setting the bag onto the table and setting everything out.

The book

The poem

A few knitting supplies

And one of my daggers.

I supose I could do something with my time.. I look at the items spread out infront of me. I decide to start organizing.

I grab the knitting suplies and walk to the corner of the room with the basket of the other suplies. I set them down with the rest of the suplies before walking back to the desk.

I turn to the book and deside to open it to the page with the mysterious letter about nightmare, leaving it open on the desk.

Next, the poem. I simple unfold the small paper and leave it open next to the book, clearly visible for anyone to see if they walked over to the desk.

Lastly.. the dagger.

I grabbed it in my hand tightly, admiring the clean blade.

I dont have to put it away right now..

I looked at the desk, and felt oddly satisfied with all the info I have spread in front of me.

The weird uneasy feeling I had when I woke up was gone..