chapter 23: a required explanation

Errors Pov: we rushed through hallways, corridors, large rooms, and exe to get to the kitchen. Once we entered the large room, ink let me go and ran over to some shelving, grabbing suplies.

I looked around the grand kitchen in awe. White wooden Cabinets laced the rims of the whole kitchen, alongside large steel fridges, cobblestone ovens that sat over beds of coal, pantries holding herbs and carefully packaged meats, and a large island table in the center of the kitchen, holding a bowl of fruits and a vase of flowers. The Tile floors shined as they seemed freshly waxed and swept from any debris. Grand lights hung down illuminating every area.

"Pretty big huh?" Says ink, noticing my shocked expression.

"Yeah.." I say. "But, having said that, I havent really seen many other royal kitchens to compare this one too. So.."

Ink chuckles. "Yes.. I supose your right." He says, humor lacing his happy voice.

"So, what can I do..?" I ask, not wanting to just stand their.

"Well, we need to go get a bit of water, which I belive we have stored in the large pantry to save trips from the pumps outside, and we need to find a mortar and pestle.."

"Mortar and pestle..?"

"A motar and pestle is a small bowl and stick thing used to grind herbs or seasonings. But acasionaly, if you add water and grind it up enough, It can be used to turn berries or fruits into a paste like liquid. The more water, the more runny it will be!" Ink says, searching in the cupboards for the small device. "Despite living here, ik usually never in this kitchen, as because usually the chefs make all my meals."

"Wow. Spoiled much?"

"Such is the life of royalty" ink responds in a funny, entitled voice, that sounded nothing like his own. I couldnt help but laugh.

Suddenly, our laughter stops at the sound of a door suddenly opening. We both turn torwards the entrance at which we came, to see blue standing their. Before we can say a word, he speaks up in a stern voice.

"Error.. may I speak with you..?

Anxiety fills me as I look at him. Silence fills the room before my mouth responds out of fear of not answering.

"Yeah.. of course!"I say quietly. Blue walks out of the room, and I look at ink quietly before following blue out of the room. He closed the door behind me, before turning to me with an angry and confused expression.

"Error- what the hell is going on!? Why does everyone know your an assassin!??" Blue whisper yells, confused on what was going on.

S###. I forgot he didnt know about anything.

"Its... kind of a long story-"

"Well lucky for you! We've got all day!" Blue says sarcastically, with slight annoyance lacing his voice.

I hesitate, before looking at the ground in an ashamed manner.

".... promise me you will here by whole story before you get upset. Alright..?"

Blue stays quiet, not responding. I knew, that no matter how hard I tried, he wouldn't make that promise. His kingdom came before me anyday.

"I.... I was hired..by nightmare.. to kill ink..

i was threatened that if i didnt, then not only would I die, but you would get killed..! I didnt know ink at the time, and i didn't want you to get hurt-"

"So you broke your promise. You tried to kill him, didnt you?" Blue says, venom lacing his voice.

Blue was kind, but he was a guard after all, so violence was not prone to him, especially when it came to his family. And ink? Was a part of his family.