chapter 27:the dark forest

Error pov: the squishing of the wet grass and water puddles sloshing under my feet as i ran echoed as wind blew strongly in the midnight forest. My feet ached as I ran through mud and rocks, weeds and twigs, and vines and flowers. The shadow covered trees rustled in the wind as the moon cast a dark blue hue over the small bits of grass that the large trees didnt cover. No stars where visible through the thick greenery and dark grey clouds that spread across the vast sky. Trees stood over 9 feet tall, as vines wrapped around their wooden trunks, and dirt and roots covered the bottoms. The occasional flower added some color to the dark forest. Adding colors of vibrant purple and oranges, alongside the rare colors of yellow and red.

My breathing quickened as I ran, nearly tripping multiple times over the rough turane.

I looked behind me to see none following exept the darkness. I slowly bring myself to a stop as I look around me. The raindrops pounded on my head and body, soaking my royal cloths.

I slowly walk over to the nearest tree, using the branches above me to cover me from the continuous rain.

I look around me to see no sign of...anything....

I was surrounded by trees that all looked the same. No hint of a city or any civilization.

Yet I still felt as if I wasnt alone.

I slowly slid my back down the tree trunk and looked up at the tree. Water droplets dripped into my face and I imagined my tears where simply rain drops that came from the clouds above.

I felt my soul ache.

Static....

Here we go again...

Blue pov: I stared out at the street as error dissapeared from my veiw.

My grip tightened around my spear as my teeth grated against eachother in frustration.

'This is a monster you created'

His words echoes through my skull as I stood silently in the pouring rain, every little raindrop making a hard clanking sound against my heavy armor.

"Sir..

Are you alright..? Do you want us to chase after him..?"

I sit silently for a long moment before responding.

"No.. let him run.. if we kill him then the king will be furious.

More then he already will be..

Just go inside.. I have to go explain this to ink.."

"...... are..... are you sure that's the best idea sir..?"

"I did what I did for the safety of the king and his kingdom. I dont care how mad he is at me, as long as hes safe. But I'm not going to lie to him or not tell him what I did. I'm loyal to him, and will only tell him the truth..

Go to bed.

I have a ling night ahead of me.."

I say quickly before turning around and heading back into the castle, not answering any more questions.

I go to the dressing room for the guards and get dressed out of my armor, using a sweat rag to dry myself off. I set my spear up against the closest wall and take a deep breath..

Was I...

..Was I doing the right thing..?

No. Dont doubt yourself. He tries to kill the king. Hes nothing but a traitor.