sixteen- all too familiar

"holy shit," I grabbed Michael's phone and read the text over and over again.

"what do I say?" michaels sleepy voice cracked.

"just say you'll talk tomorrow...say you're tired or something. I don't want to have to handle him right now. I just want to cuddle with you and fall asleep," I trailed off as I handed Michael the phone.

"of course, baby girl," Michael smiled and started typing on his phone.

I closed my eyes as I felt Michael's strong arms wrap around me. he muffled an "I love you" and fell asleep.
I finally had my Michael.

-

the next morning I woke up to Michael sitting on the edge of my bed.

"babe? how long have you been awake?" I crawled over to Michael and gave him a hug from behind.

"about half an hour. Ashton texted me this morning. he said he wanted to talk to me one on one before school," Michael sighed.

I looked over to the clock. 6:03.

"when? it's kinda early," I said as I got up and walked over to my desk. I started brushing my hair and saw Michael looking at me.

"what?" I asked turning around.

"you're just...im so amazed I'm in a relationship with someone as beautiful as you," He walked over to me and placed his hands on my shoulders.

"you're making me blush, Clifford," I giggled.

"that's the plan," Michael chuckled and kissed the top of my head.

I turned around and he leaned down to kiss me. we were in mid-kiss when there was a knock on the door.

"it's 6 in the fucking morning. who thinks they're so important?" Michael groaned and made me laugh.

I looked out the window and saw it.

the skateboard propped up against the tree in my front yard.

Ashton's skateboard.

it was all too familiar.

flashback

Ashton started flipping through the channels on TV.

"what do you wanna watch?" Ashton asked me.

"I'm tired of tv... wanna go outside and like get food?" I turned to him and ran my fingers through his hair.

"yeah, sure," Ashton got up and reached out for my hand.

our fingers intertwined and he smiled back at me.

we walked out the front door and I saw a skateboard propped up against the tree in my front yard.

"Ashton! teach me! I suck at skateboarding," I laughed and ran to the board, picking it up, then signaling him to come over.

"alright, well, let me see what you can do. ride down the driveway and turn onto the sidewalk," Ashton out the skateboard on the ground and I pushed off.

I did what he said well and he laughed.

"you're adorable, Devon. you don't suck. you're about as good as me," Ashton smiled and brought me close to him. "I love you, Devon. I really do."

that was the first time he's said it.

oh. my. God.

"I love you too, Ashton. I really do."